3.45 gearing with 35’s and 37’s

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Does anyone know how a JLU will run with those wheels on an 8 speed with that gearing? Is going from 5 speed to 8 enough to handle it without a re-gear?
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Can't tell you about 37s. But my tires are within a 1/4" of what guys on 315/70-17s are at so they are very close to a 35" class tire. I still see 8th gear on the highway. Downshifts to 6 or 7th depending on how steep the hills are. After you adjust to it, you'll find that it drives fine. Just requires a little more pedal. But handles it fine.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Can't tell you about 37s. But my tires are within a 1/4" of what guys on 315/70-17s are at so they are very close to a 35" class tire. I still see 8th gear on the highway. Downshifts to 6 or 7th depending on how steep the hills are. After you adjust to it, you'll find that it drives fine. Just requires a little more pedal. But handles it fine.
Quick question, did you have the shift points reprogrammed?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Quick question, did you have the shift points reprogrammed?
I'm using a Tazer JL to recalibrate my speedo. I assume that the PCM is smart enough to know that if the speedo is recalibrated, the shift points get updated also. But, I can't confirm that.