litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Funny how much of the rest of the world lives in a totalitarian state too.
You really should stop watching OAN. UK, France, Germany, as examples are not totalitarian states.
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Says who exactly?
Many experts in carbon reduction. 50% of carbon output is transportation, and ~35% of that is personal transport. It’s the largest single contributor to carbon output.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
You really should stop watching OAN. UK, France, Germany, as examples are not totalitarian states.
I am not talking about any news sites, I am talking about reality. Most of the worlds nations have no middle class. There are the rulers, and the peons. If you can’t see the direction this all is heading on your lonesome, there is really no hope for you.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I am not talking about any news sites, I am talking about reality. Most of the worlds nations have no middle class. There are the rulers, and the peons. If you can’t see the direction this all is heading on your lonesome, there is really no hope for you.
You’re moving the goal posts. You’re the one who implied that the rest of the first world nations were autocratic rulers forcing it so only “elites” would have automobiles.

If you really want to point out that most nations have no middle class, you’re part of the elite who own a personal automobile.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
You’re moving the goal posts. You’re the one who implied that the rest of the first world nations were autocratic rulers forcing it so only “elites” would have automobiles.

If you really want to point out that most nations have no middle class, you’re part of the elite who own a personal automobile.
I never implied this was the case amongst the "rest of the first world nations", I wrote that what was being done was moving us towards second and third world nation status - where the average person does not own an vehicle, because they cannot afford it. Read again.

You sure you are on the right forum? Perhaps a Public Transportation Forum would be more up your alley?

PS: U.K. Government Transport Minister Trudy Harrison recently spoke at a mobility conference, addressing the future of "personal mobility". In her comments, she said it was necessary to ditch the "20th-century thinking centred around private vehicle ownership and towards greater flexibility, with personal choice and low carbon shared transport." She went on to praise public transport, ride and bike sharing, and e-scooters.

Sponsored

coupedncal

First Name
CoupednCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at Jeeps
Sooooo, how about that I6 turbo topic? That was fun right? :LOL:
Agreed. Let's revert back to a topic that we can all actually agree on. The new engine is the right move for the Wrangler lineup.

And what about my earlier question of getting a manual tranny for this new GME T6 engine. I have googled and i found no info on this query. FCA will definitely have to keep at least one engine that supports a manual and if this inline 6 is going to replace the Pentastar 3.6 then we should get one. Right?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

And what about my earlier question of getting a manual tranny for this new GME T6 engine. I have googled and i found no info on this query. FCA will definitely have to keep at least one engine that supports a manual and if this inline 6 is going to replace the Pentastar 3.6 then we should get one. Right?
I think it's wishful thinking that this high output inline 6 will be added to the lineup by replacing just the 3.6L instead of the Hemi. As the fleet fuel efficiency requirements continue to rise, something has to give. Get your Hemi now if you want one. It's only logical that it will have to go away. There is a NPRM from NHTSA to create a requirement for an 8% increase in CAFE, annually, year over year, starting in 2024 and ending in 2026. This NPRM is responsive to Biden's E.O. that unravels Trump's freeze on CAFE and took away the states ability to regulate emissions (think Calif).

So basically, Biden has put us on a path of ever increasing fuel economy requirements that will drive continuous change in the auto industry to meet. It will drive an average reduction in engine outputs across the board, unless the industry figures out how to make 8% more the same horsepower, year over year (2024-2026) with the same 8% less fuel amount. No small feat. That's why I think the Hemi Jeep and likely some of the other high output FCA vehicles, will get reduced power or replaced by other propulsion.

Last edited:

narcotik33

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon XtremeRecon
I mean, most of them have over 300 miles of range and regain that range while it sits in your garage overnight, so anyone having range issues and stopping up their day because they need to charge at a generic charger at a Target is likely an idiot. It's easy to live with, not that I'd be caught dead behind the wheel of anything but my Jeep in the next handful of years but if you can afford a $50k vehicle that isn't a Wrangler, the Model 3 is pretty hard to beat and saves you gas money for your 4x4 rig.

You also don't need to sit inside them while they charge. Stop at a supercharger, go inside and run your errands and 20 minutes later you can suddenly drive another 200 miles for like, 5 bucks. It's a pretty solid solution, honestly.

And hell, they're designed and manufactured in the USA. I'll take that over a loaded Accord anyday.
[/
[/QUOTE

thats funny… thank you for the laugh

Sponsored

narcotik33

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon XtremeRecon
Many experts in carbon reduction. 50% of carbon output is transportation, and ~35% of that is personal transport. It’s the largest single contributor to carbon output.
You are living under the false notion that carbon is bad. Everything is made of it. We are carbon based life forms. CO2 is not a pollutant, you make it ever time you take a breath.
I never implied this was the case amongst the "rest of the first world nations", I wrote that what was being done was moving us towards second and third world nation status - where the average person does not own an vehicle, because they cannot afford it. Read again.

You sure you are on the right forum? Perhaps a Public Transportation Forum would be more up your alley?

PS: U.K. Government Transport Minister Trudy Harrison recently spoke at a mobility conference, addressing the future of "personal mobility". In her comments, she said it was necessary to ditch the "20th-century thinking centred around private vehicle ownership and towards greater flexibility, with personal choice and low carbon shared transport." She went on to praise public transport, ride and bike sharing, and e-scooters.
I agree with everything you’ve said. But you can’t argue with a global warming fanatic. They can be talked into hating themselves, their family, their neighbors and their country. Why such a person is on Jeep Wrangler forum is mind boggling. You asked the right question, he/she/it gave you the pap that they always do. It’s foolish to argue with a fool.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Not sure where you are getting your numbers but they are way off. All transportation combined equals 29% of carbon emissions, that includes public transportation and shipping, planes and trains included. Not saying we shouldn’t be working to improve, just pointing out facts.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0L “Tornado” Straight-Six Engine (GME T6) Coming to Various Jeep Models? 79212FD8-9BEE-43ED-9C5D-81FF15E51580

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
A robust restoration of intermodal transport infrastructure (e.g., "Trails to Rails") would take a bite out of that 29% statistic. Think of how nice it would be to observe a material reduction in 18 wheel truck traffic.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
Stricter CAFE standards are nothing new, they've been around and getting tougher for 46 years. This is not a Biden or Trump thing, this is an agency holding auto manufactures to be responsible. Otherwise they would have no incentive to produce a vehicle that gets better than 10mpg - in fact oil companies would love it if vehicles got the same mileage as they did 40+ years ago. The only thing that motivates companies is the bottom dollar. The only outside force to change that is consumer demand & perception and government regulation. That's the world we live in.

And I say this not to incite political debate, but to show that manufactures have risen to and become innovative enough to meet current standards while still producing vehicles that are faster and less impactful on the environment. I mean we have 300+ HP engines that are more efficient than ones producing half that output in the 80's. People were up in arms over cat converters, EGR and PCV systems, but guess what, auto makers figured out how to incorporate these things and still increase power and efficiency. Yes that example was more on the EPA side than CAFE, but the point remains the same. Manufactures will innovate and still give people fun to drive vehicles.

We are in another transition phase. The 2.0 showed that efficiency can be increased while providing more torque. Once people are convinced that it can be reliable, then it they can get rid of the aging pentastar with a mild I6 (probably 300-330HP with small turbos to provide low end torque). They can then make a higher end model with better intercoolers, higher boost, etc for 400HP. And they will continue the hybrid and electric for those who are interested in that platform. Everyone's needs will be different, so I think overall it is a good move to bring in the I6 to meet the new standards, but still give us more power & efficiency than the aging platforms currently used. I will say that I'll miss the sound of a V8, but an I6 is probably next best sounding platform in a mass market arena (yes, some exotics sound marvelous, but those are very niche).

And I will admit that when they bring in the I6, they will likely dump the manual. I have a feeling when the pentastar goes away, so does the manual. They still have not offered it with the 2.0, even though the 2.0 is now etorque free. The power capacity of the current manual is supposedly right on the edge of what the pentastar puts out, so based on popularity of the awesome (yes, I called an auto trans awesome) ZF transmission I don't see them putting much R&D into another manual. I'd love for them to prove me wrong though.
Sponsored