Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Dude, you know deep on your soul that any future good engines are only going to be available in the 4-door. I suffer with you, bro, wish they would serve us old Jeep guys over the soccer moms, but, you know them focus groups are filled with bored housewives.
Some of us understand the benefit of a little more wheelbase when climbing.
Sponsored

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
As long as that long belly doesn't leave you high-centered.
Meh, I gained an inch under the belly with the Artec skids. 37s and eventually 40s take care of the rest. That and impeccable driving skill🤪 Haven't had to pull the winch line out yet.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I don't know that they necessarily have it figured out. For 10k less than a BASE model 3, you can get and fully optioned out Accord Touring hybrid. Without the government subsidizing their cars, and carbon taxing their competitors, Tesla would not exist.
IMO, Tesla has figured it out since late 2019. I'm not sure what you're pointing out though with the Accord comment (Teslas are a luxury item still). But yes, the subsidies/carbon credits are more or less entirely responsible for Tesla still being in business. I think they have hit a point though, if they were just simply to not sell those credits at all, they'd still be profitable. Barely, but I think they are there now and I think that traction is pretty clear.

That said, I find the idea of driving an appliance/iphone around to be terribly boring.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Wife’s X3 is a 3.0 twin turbo inline 6 and I absolutely love it. Smooth, powerful and great to drive.
Regular maintenance isn’t any worse than any other modern car, though I would wager that 90+% of other X3 owners haven’t ever opened the hood. Had to swap the valve cover gasket at 8 years old and even that was a couple of hours and $40 for the gasket a helping hand from my neighbor and $15 for good beer.
If Jeep can offer something similar for 23/24 I would definitely consider it.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Some of us understand the benefit of a little more wheelbase when climbing.
Well, here you go. Solves the high center issue too.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0L “Tornado” Straight-Six Engine (GME T6) Coming to Various Jeep Models? Bruiser-Conversions-Jeep-Wrangler-6x6-1-3109-default-lar

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Lol, that would never got on most of the trails I drive.
Turning radius of a Freightliner, but it'd go uphill pretty steep.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
The new Fuel Economy standards for 2023- 2026 are going to require a lot of carbon swapping, many many more hybrids, or Alien Intervention to reach the 40 mpg fleet average. How will Wranglers survive this?

Biden and his handlers just raised the 26MY mpg fleet average from 43 (set by the Trump administration) to an unrealistic 55...NOT being political, just stating FACTS.
Sponsored