Beowulf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Question: will this be paired to the AWD transfercase and a Manual?

If not, I'll just stick to an Auto to get the full time 4wd.
Advertisement

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I agree there's absolutely going to be another motor in the next handful of years and I hope everything doesn't automatically go the way of the 4-cylinder. This is just my opinion but I don't like what the 2.0 does to the sound and feel of the vehicle when the 3.6 is borderline muscular by comparison, especially with its pops and crackles upon manual upshifts on the 8speed. A straight six would be incredible for these rigs if it'd fit.

On the 2 door situation - I sincerely hope Jeep has plans for the 2 door beyond "keep making the existing configurations". The Bronco probably affords its additional drivetrain flexibility by the fact that it's 10 inches longer than the 2 door Wrangler, putting it in LJ wheelbase ballpark in between the 2dr and 4dr JL. This gives them a bit more of everything - space for drivetrains as well as space for rear legroom and cargo areas, but even still they're only fitting a 16.9 gallon fuel tank to them.

I would absolutely love to see a 2 door Wrangler that's 8-10 inches longer in wheelbase (the JLU is 22 inches longer than JL), enabling bigger fuel tank, less comical storage space with the backseats in, and by association of the larger tank, 4XE and 392 esque drivetrains happening again.
Another vote for a new “LJ Unlimited” … I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
What are the odds this will happen? I have seen mixed messages on the Internet with no real data to support it.

I would definitely take a Rubicon with this engine. Maybe an engine swap in the future provided the chassis is not changed too much.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement