Sponsored

3.0D What’s your hand calculated DIESEL mileage?

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
I'm getting 18 at best with 37s and lift.
Really? I'm getting 21.6 with 37s on stock suspension. I would think that would come down with a lift, which I will be doing, but wouldnt think it would come down that much.
Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Isn't this a diesel MPG thread? Can you not confine your emissions paranoia to a single thread or two? Every diesel thread is more clogged than an old EGR with your soot rants.
Put me on delete? You’ll sleep better but ranting about ranting rather useless. Unless you have something to add to the topic regardless where it goes. ;)

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Same here. 37s without lift. 18.4 70-80 mph today. I don't care. I did not buy it to save on fuel. I love it. No gasser for me.
Did you recalibrate and confirm with GPS the new tire size?

Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Really? I'm getting 21.6 with 37s on stock suspension. I would think that would come down with a lift, which I will be doing, but wouldnt think it would come down that much.
EDIT:

21.6 @ 60-65mph with Tazer mini recalibration. Will come down with higher speeds or city driving

Last edited:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
No. I did not. Is it possible to do it without tuner?
If miles travelled is being under-calculated by 10-20%, you're MPG will be undercalculated by the same amount. Tazer, tuner, or dealer can adjust.

OP
OP
Adamoni

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Thank you all for staying on point here on diesel mpg thread.

Sponsored

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding. Two EGRs. Low pressure post DPF which is up near the engine. I’m assuming the DOC or SRC is there as well and another high pressure which I’m assuming can still clog but both regardless can accumulate hardened soot which later flakes off entering the valves and that’s where serious engine problems evolve. Am I in the ball park or totally misunderstanding the issue? Driving me nuts. I want the dam diesel. I want big tires. I want reliability to go where I please and I’ve wanted this before I got my 87 or 89 YJ (so long ago I don’t remember) which wasn’t really a Jeep. TJs didn’t impress me. JK perked my interest but way too sluggish and the JL hits all the buttons with the holly grail of motors but that dam soot just too scary. :(
Lease one for a few years and then its not your issue if it turns out to be junk. the lease payment is almost half the buy. If you love it after 3 years buy the lease out. problem solved.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Lease one for a few years and then its not your issue if it turns out to be junk. the lease payment is almost half the buy. If you love it after 3 years buy the lease out. problem solved.
That was the plan. Last I checked. No lease option offered. Plus now the lease is too high to fit that route and best wait to MY21 when residuals will be higher. This applies across all vehicles.

in November the lease calculated to $480 as I wanted a 3.6 JLUR equipped. Now it’s near $600. Buying still a good option unless selling down the road as in this example should a headache be best eliminated.

Trust me. I’ve considered very single option. Not just engine rebuilds or frequent emissions cleaning to combat soot. Now faulty sensors seems to be a problem. I can’t be on a 150 plus mile fishing trip returning home in the dead of night and breaking down in some remote area.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I've run a couple tanks through the EcoDiesel and all the miles have been a mix of city and highway. If I had to guess I would say more city in each tank. I've averaged 22-23 mpg over the couple tanks of Diesel. I'm still running the partial tank of DEF from the dealer and have 2200 miles on it and have gone through a half a tank of DEF fluid.
Sponsored