Sponsored

3.0 JLUR factory spring part numbers

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I've been tracking the various spring combinations posted on this forum, and recently came across what I think may be the holly grail: the part numbers for the 3.0 JLUR hardtop with tow package (sorry, no steel bumper though). This should be close to the tallest OEM spring in production at this time for the JL (I haven't looked into the JT springs yet, there may be taller front springs that are compatible).

Special thanks to Benny @AllMoparParts.com for the VIN to part number conversion.

Capture.PNG

This is an ongoing chart, and I will probably update it periodically as I find additional information.
Sponsored

iniezen

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I've been tracking the various spring combinations posted on this forum, and recently came across what I think may be the holly grail: the part numbers for the 3.0 JLUR hardtop with tow package (sorry, no steel bumper though). This should be close to the tallest OEM spring in production at this time for the JL (I haven't looked into the JT springs yet, there may be taller front springs that are compatible).

Special thanks to Benny @AllMoparParts.com for the VIN to part number conversion.

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 JLUR factory spring part numbers Capture.PNG

This is an ongoing chart, and I will probably update it periodically as I find additional information.
Thank you very much for sharing this. It's phenomenally helpful as I am in the process of getting Rubi takeoff suspension for my JLU Sport. I'm a bit paranoid about not getting the right combo because I'm working with a shop that just mixes and matches all the parts from multiple Rubis. Unfortunately I can't do this stuff myself so I depend on them, so your part number listings help so much! If you have any updates, I'd really appreciate them please. Thank you!

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys

Anndee... are you still collecting info for this chart? Has it been expanded?

If you care to update, I just looked at my springs and my Willys combination is not on that chart:

658/659 587/588 JLU (Sport) Willys | 3.6 | Hard Top | Tow | Bumper False | Auto

I am looking at swapping to Rubi springs and wanted to know for sure what I was starting with... I'm not a mechanic dude, and this all tends to blur and confuse... I appreciate this chart!

Cheers!

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Anndee... are you still collecting info for this chart? Has it been expanded?

If you care to update, I just looked at my springs and my Willys combination is not on that chart:

658/659 587/588 JLU (Sport) Willys | 3.6 | Hard Top | Tow | Bumper False | Auto

I am looking at swapping to Rubi springs and wanted to know for sure what I was starting with... I'm not a mechanic dude, and this all tends to blur and confuse... I appreciate this chart!

Cheers!
I haven't been actively collecting these lately, mostly because there are so many slight variations. To add to the complexity, I've seen some springs that don't start with the '68253'. Here's everything that I have so far:

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 JLUR factory spring part numbers Capture.PNG

Personally I'm waiting to see if there will be a 2-door Mojave... the +1" over the Rubicon is just right for what my goals are.

Sponsored

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
So is this basically saying that throwing Rubicon suapension from a JLUR with a 3.6 onto a 3.0 JLU Sahara would result in actually lower suspension?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
So is this basically saying that throwing Rubicon suapension from a JLUR with a 3.6 onto a 3.0 JLU Sahara would result in actually lower suspension?
What would make you think that? The Rubicon suspension is completely different. The variations in the Rubicon suspension are very slight.

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
What would make you think that? The Rubicon suspension is completely different. The variations in the Rubicon suspension are very slight.
In my late night stupidness i totally misunderstood the graph. forgive me.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Our 2020 JLUR 2.0t hard top matches what you have listed.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 JLUR factory spring part numbers 1599580118255

Edit: Great info btw, thank you for collecting and sharing.

Jduncan791

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep jlu ecodiesel sport s
I have a jlu willys diesel and the springs on it are 68307622AD front and 68253601AA for the rear
Sponsored