David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
WTH is that. Doesn’t even look like a Diesel engine bay. Have never seen anything like that in my 2020 JLUSD.

That doesn’t appear to be the intake for. diesel since ours is on the driver side and that appears to be on the passenger side....
Right side drive. 2.2L.
Sponsored

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
Only the fuses necessary to drive the vehicle on and off the transporter are engaged at the factory. This reduces parasitic drain on the battery during shipping. The dealer will normally get all the fuses pushed into place, but when customers arrive so quickly (thanks to internet tracking/JIT,) the dealership may not have enough time to do it yet.

Slow yourself down and check your fuses right there, it only takes a minute!
Exactly... The fuses are supposed to be seated during the PDI process at the dealership. Mine was supposedly "prepped", and yet I was in the 80% category of still needing to be seated. My bother in-law, a dealer service tech for 35 years was disgusted by that fact, and even suggested that if it wasn't PDI'ed properly, did anyone even check all the fluid levels as well? Like so many other things in country, the lack of attention to detail and customer service is disappointing. Luckily, I'm a do it myself guy anyway, so I did my own PDI inspection once I got home. All good except the fuses.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Exactly... The fuses are supposed to be seated during the PDI process at the dealership. Mine was supposedly "prepped", and yet I was in the 80% category of still needing to be seated. My bother in-law, a dealer service tech for 35 years was disgusted by that fact, and even suggested that if it wasn't PDI'ed properly, did anyone even check all the fluid levels as well? Like so many other things in country, the lack of attention to detail and customer service is disappointing. Luckily, I'm a do it myself guy anyway, so I did my own PDI inspection once I got home. All good except the fuses.
Wait a second. We're actually supposed to get some service(s) for that "dealer prep fee"?

PLJLUR2021

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, Billet Silver, tow, safety options
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer (ret)
If you own a newer Dodge Ram, you will want to check the fuses as well.

*When I take delivery of my new Wrangler I plan on going through the fuses right there on the lot. I bought from a large volume dealership to get a good "fleet price" so I am not counting on them to do it, especially if I arrive soon after the Jeep gets to their lot. I will also go through the vehicle with a torque wrench once I get home with it, not that I don't trust them, but I don't trust them...

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Picked it up last week after order.. literally all but 2 of my fuses were not seated correctly... UNSAT!

Last edited:

Sponsored

tuckmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL EcoDiesel
I bought a 2021 with build date of 9/20 just before Xmas. 80% of fuses and relays were not seated correctly, so this issue is not resolved.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I bought a 2021 with build date of 9/20 just before Xmas. 80% of fuses and relays were not seated correctly, so this issue is not resolved.
Have you visited a dealer yet for this concern? We recommend doing so and if you need any assistance, send us a PM.

Kate
Jeep Cares

tuckmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL EcoDiesel
Have you visited a dealer yet for this concern? We recommend doing so and if you need any assistance, send us a PM.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I checked the fuses at the dealership when I purchased the vehicle and told the salesman. He said that is was interesting, but kind of dismissed my comment.

It may be a good idea to inform the factory leadership?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I checked the fuses at the dealership when I purchased the vehicle and told the salesman. He said that is was interesting, but kind of dismissed my comment.

It may be a good idea to inform the factory leadership?
Understood and I'm sorry to hear that. If you would like to revisit them to have their team take a look, we can certainly assign someone to work alongside you during that process. Send a PM if you're intersted.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored