Sponsored

3.0 Diesel stuck at 1000rpm after Tazer Jl Mini winch mode.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I installed my Tazer Jl mini yesterday morning. I started by updating the firmware to the latest version 11.3.3. I then installed it in my 3.0 wrangler, married it to the vehicle, performed a full reboot followed by two sleep cycles. I then went through the menu and changed the tire size and did another full reboot followed by two more sleep cycles. Tire size was the only setting I changed.
The jeep did fine all day then yesterday evening I decided to check out the winch mode for the first time. It raised the idle up to about 1500rpm then I canceled it after about 15 seconds. The idle never dropped below 1000rpm, I gave it a few more tryā€™s with no success.
I then preformed another reboot, idle didnā€™t drop down past 1000rpm. I unmarried and did another reboot, no change. Re married & un married again, no change. Removed the tazer altogether no change. Went for a drive still would not drop down past 1000rpm, auto stop start would not activate either.
I took it to the dealer this morning for the high idle. The jeep had no trouble codes but they sent diagnostics to Chrysler engineers, they told the dealer a programmer had been used and told the dealer to reset the values (not sure what values they reset).

Jeep has ran great all day, just did a 4hour drive out of state and no issues so far. Iā€™m afraid to reinstall the tazer mini, I only wanted it for tire recalibration and to disable auto start stop.
So just a heads up to all 3.0 owners. Could have just been a glitch but it had to be fixed by the dealer.

Edit: Z Automotive has a procedure to return the idle to normal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
They saw your transmission temperature spike to 250 suddenly

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
What programmer??? ;)
Edit: itā€™s for tire calibration
you mentioned this:
"The jeep had no trouble codes but they sent diagnostics to Chrysler engineers, they told the dealer a programmer had been used and told the dealer to reset the values (not sure what values they reset). "

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marine2146

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you mentioned this:
"The jeep had no trouble codes but they sent diagnostics to Chrysler engineers, they told the dealer a programmer had been used and told the dealer to reset the values (not sure what values they reset). "
They ask about it but I told them I recalibrated the tire size, didnā€™t have a engine programer.

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
you mentioned this:
The joke -----

Your head ------

Reactions: GtX

BigfootOR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I installed my Tazer Jl mini yesterday morning. I started by updating the firmware to the latest version 11.3.3. I then installed it in my 3.0 wrangler, married it to the vehicle, performed a full reboot followed by two sleep cycles. I then went through the menu and changed the tire size and did another full reboot followed by two more sleep cycles. Tire size was the only setting I changed.
The jeep did fine all day then yesterday evening I decided to check out the winch mode for the first time. It raised the idle up to about 1500rpm then I canceled it after about 15 seconds. The idle never dropped below 1000rpm, I gave it a few more tryā€™s with no success.
I then preformed another reboot, idle didnā€™t drop down past 1000rpm. I unmarried and did another reboot, no change. Re married & un married again, no change. Removed the tazer altogether no change. Went for a drive still would not drop down past 1000rpm, auto stop start would not activate either.
I took it to the dealer this morning for the high idle. The jeep had no trouble codes but they sent diagnostics to Chrysler engineers, they told the dealer a programmer had been used and told the dealer to reset the values (not sure what values they reset).

Jeep has ran great all day, just did a 4hour drive out of state and no issues so far. Iā€™m afraid to reinstall the tazer mini, I only wanted it for tire recalibration and to disable auto start stop.
So just a heads up to all 3.0 owners. Could have just been a glitch but it had to be fixed by the dealer.
I am having the exact same issue with the same Firmware on my Tazer Mini with a 2021 Eco Diesel. I emailed tech support at Z Automotive and awaiting a response. Did you send a trouble ticket and tell Z Automotive about the software issue? If so what did they say?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marine2146

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having the exact same issue with the same Firmware on my Tazer Mini with a 2021 Eco Diesel. I emailed tech support at Z Automotive and awaiting a response. Did you send a trouble ticket and tell Z Automotive about the software issue? If so what did they say?
I took my jeep to the dealer to be fixed because I had to go on an out of state trip that next day, I knew I wouldnā€™t get any emails returned Sunday evening and wasnā€™t sure they had I fix for it.
They sent me these instructions to try but I havenā€™t tried the high idle mode again, Iā€™m just gonna stay away from that for now. I did plug up my Tazer to change the tire size and then removed it so no one would accidentally hit both buttons at the same time to make it go into high idle.
Just let them know youā€™re still having issues with the 11.3.3 firmware, I told him thats the first and only firmware I have used and still had the issue. But they said the 11.3.3 firmware was still the fix anyway.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 Diesel stuck at 1000rpm after Tazer Jl Mini winch mode. 14C36324-5B6E-4BAD-B514-D64EBD5C1434

BigfootOR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Thanks for your response. I reverted back to firmware 11.2.4 and turned on and off winch mode and my idle is now back to normal. Before updating the Tazer to 11.3.3 I will wait to talk with Z Automotive. If it was software related it is hard for me to believe going back to the version 11.3.3 will be trouble free. I will keep everyone posted on future developments. Thanks again for replying.

OP
OP
Marine2146

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your response. I reverted back to firmware 11.2.4 and turned on and off winch mode and my idle is now back to normal. Before updating the Tazer to 11.3.3 I will wait to talk with Z Automotive. If it was software related it is hard for me to believe going back to the version 11.3.3 will be trouble free. I will keep everyone posted on future developments. Thanks again for replying.
Glad it worked for you, I was hesitant to test it out after I already took it to the dealer. But Iā€™ll probably leave my tazer plug in now since that procedure seams to fix the issue.
They need to take a look into the 11.3.3 firmware, it was Released to fix that issue but it doesnā€™t look like it does.

DamagingLime

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLUR Ecodiesel
I am having the exact same issue but can not install version 11.2.4. Software will not let me. Any help? Diesel is stuck at 1000 rpm idleā€¦

DamagingLime

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLUR Ecodiesel
Well it looks like my tazer mini is defective. It is now flashing green and red and will not connect to any usb or vehicle. Looks like I may have had a bad model? Not sure.

Was the dealership ok with flashing the computer to get the idle back to normal? I am going to try and head in there tomorrow.
Sponsored