Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s high time companies like FCA/Jeep release vehicles that have not yet received CARB approval to the rest of the country. When the people of Kalifornia are deprived of popular vehicles while their state gendarmes drag their heels, maybe they’ll demand a change. As it stands now, we let CA drive the entire nation’s environmental policies in many cases, including emissions certification. Their CA-approved gun list doesn’t affect enough people to gain the negative press it deserves...do the same with cars/trucks and they’ll wise up right quick.
What you're not considering here is that there are 13 other states that have pinned their emissions standards to CARB. Manufacturers wouldn't just miss out on selling in CA but in those other states as well.

BTW, in 2020, Colorado will be the 14th state to align their emissions standards with CARB.
https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/Air/MobileSources/Pages/states.aspx
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
What you're not considering here is that there are 13 other states that have pinned their emissions standards to CARB. Manufacturers wouldn't just miss out on selling in CA but in those other states as well.

BTW, in 2020, Colorado will be the 14th state to align their emissions standards with CARB.
https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/Air/MobileSources/Pages/states.aspx
Fair but ultimately moot point. Amusing timing of this coming up considering the EPA is revoking CA’s CAA waiver which was allowing them and others to set their own limits. It’ll almost certainly wind up in the Supreme Court sometime in 2020 or 2021, but I don’t see 5 of the current 9 siding with CA or any other state in this matter.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Colorado is also putting in some ridiculous minimum percent electric vehicle requirement in place in the near future. Pretty well screws any dodge/ram dealer since they have no electric options.

After reading and watching just how much additional time is wasted on a trip charging current electric cars, its pretty clear to me that one wont be in my future for a number of years.

I still believe that the world needs to get the stick out of their rear and agree on ONE global set of emission standards not to be updated more than once every 5 years. Then manufactures could make any engine/trans/model combo without having to worry about certifying it for a bunch of different standards.

Unfortunately, if we do that, I have no faith that the EPA and CARB wouldn't just freely let places in Europe bend us over the table with their utterly ridiculous displacement rules.

If the EPA really wants to cut down on pollution repeal their spill proof gas can laws that have caused 10 times more gas to be spilled than any gas cans before that law.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
One thing I always wonder is how and where the electricity needed to charge your electric car being generated? At the fosel fuel power plant down the road?

Someone recently posted a photo of an EV charging station installed in a remote location, powered by the diesel generator attached to the back of it.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I always wonder is how and where the electricity needed to charge your electric car being generated? At the fosel fuel power plant down the road?

Someone recently posted a photo of an EV charging station installed in a remote location, powered by the diesel generator attached to the back of it.
Well you see, for the cognitively dissonant among us, so long as someone else is burning the fossil fuels away from their vehicle and ripping up a mountainside in Chile for lithium, they can browbeat the rest of us into believing they’re saving the world while us troglodytes rape and pillage the environment. A convenient ruse.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well folks, it’s Q4 2019. FCA has exactly three months to put one of these on a dealer floor if they keep their timeline. Based on current production times, the latest week they could take orders and make a 12/31/19 delivery would be first week of December.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i seen a report from FCA on The fast lane Truck that they will be delivering to dealers by end of the year. Looking like mid Dec you should see these bad boys on the lot. They are waiting for SEMA show to release more information. They did say they are working on Finalizing the EPA fuel economy but hinted that its close to around 30MPG!

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well folks, it’s Q4 2019. FCA has exactly three months to put one of these on a dealer floor if they keep their timeline. Based on current production times, the latest week they could take orders and make a 12/31/19 delivery would be first week of December.
Diesel Wranglers have opened up for sold orders today.....

Sponsored

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Like for dealers??
Dealers can order for customers. They can't order for stock.

Also, very limited numbers until January

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers can order for customers. They can't order for stock.

Also, very limited numbers until January
According to what dealer? Do we have a confirmed order placed for any customer?

ETA: Looks like a done deal across the country. Multiple confirmed orders placed today on the other thread, myself included. Sounds like the allocations/orders get finalized in FCA’s ordering system tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
According to what dealer? Do we have a confirmed order placed for any customer?

ETA: Looks like a done deal across the country. Multiple confirmed orders placed today on the other thread, myself included. Sounds like the allocations/orders get finalized in FCA’s ordering system tomorrow.

Seems like a lifetime ago eh?
Sponsored