Sponsored

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
My dealer pointed to me to this video and said that they are currently retrofitting the Ram 1500's with the CP3 pumps and the he expected the same for my Gladiator.
It's documented Ram 2500/3500 6.7L Cummins went back to the CP3 about a year ago. But is there anything written on this conversion for the 1500 (i.e., 3.0L) besides the "dealer said?" Not that I don't trust the dealer....:facepalm:
https://www.dieselworldmag.com/diesel-technology/the-recall-you-wanted-cummins-cp4/
Sponsored

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
I wonder whether the conversion to cp3 for the wrangler/gladiator is feasible for two reasons.

First, the 2500 is a heavy duty vehicle, so it has looser EPA restrictions. Has the cp3 been approved in ANY other light duty application?

Second, the 2500 has a lot more room under the bonnet for the larger cp3 fuel pump. The eco diesel is very tight under the Jeep hood. Will the cp3 physically fit in there?

Brearly_Mason

First Name
Brearly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 XJ
I wonder whether the conversion to cp3 for the wrangler/gladiator is feasible for two reasons.

First, the 2500 is a heavy duty vehicle, so it has looser EPA restrictions. Has the cp3 been approved in ANY other light duty application?

Second, the 2500 has a lot more room under the bonnet for the larger cp3 fuel pump. The eco diesel is very tight under the Jeep hood. Will the cp3 physically fit in there?
Based on what the dealer told me, I think there is some type of adapter or plate something that has to go on too. I don't know though, my dealer sucks!

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd

It was my understanding the CP3 conversion wasn't feasible on the Powerstroke and Duramax because of location (in the valley) but I am just now reading that some have managed to cram a cp3 in there.

Its entirely possible that jeep/ram could convert to a CP3 on the ecodiesel since its just on the front of the engine. more or less out in the open. That would alleviate much of my concern and probably convince me to order a Far out or Gladiator diesel. I miss my ecodiesel 1500 I just didnt trust the bottom end on that one. Looks like the newer versions addressed that issue.

Sponsored

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
S
Just got scheduled, will soon see what part they are using
Scheduled for a pump change?

Also side question Hotshots over Kleen or basically the same (donā€™t need a war over it) just want to make sure Iā€™m not missing something between the two.

I just started using additives with the announcement currently at 25,000 miles

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
S

Scheduled for a pump change?

Also side question Hotshots over Kleen or basically the same (donā€™t need a war over it) just want to make sure Iā€™m not missing something between the two.

I just started using additives with the announcement currently at 25,000 miles
I like EDT, but be sure you're buying the updated version with the LX4 added. LX4 is a product which specifically aims to increase the lubricity of American diesel fuel--something the cp4 struggles with.

5280Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
Like many here I have a 2023 on order currently in "scheduled" status. Has anyone heard if production is delayed or on hold pending a fix? I am still waiting a response from my dealer. -Thanks

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
Like many here I have a 2023 on order currently in "scheduled" status. Has anyone heard if production is delayed or on hold pending a fix? I am still waiting a response from my dealer. -Thanks
My 2023 was delivered without any delays. Right now it's only for the early year EcoDiesels. It's possible they updated the fuel pump sometime in November of 2021 which is why all MY's aren't listed.

Sponsored

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
My dealer pointed to me to this video and said that they are currently retrofitting the Ram 1500's with the CP3 pumps and the he expected the same for my Gladiator.

Very Informative-

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V767-8697.PDF

This is the Safety Recall Report from the NHTSA. From the PDF in the link):

Involved Components :
Component Name 1 : High Pressure Fuel Pump
Component Description : High Pressure Fuel Pump
Component Part Number : 68211269A

How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component :
The remedy component is a HPFP with improved durability.

EDIT: Deleted erroneous comment on CP4.

Last edited:

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

This is the Safety Recall Report from the NHTSA. From the PDF in the link (no mention of "CP4"):

Involved Components :
Component Name 1 : High Pressure Fuel Pump
Component Description : High Pressure Fuel Pump
Component Part Number : 68211269A

How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component :
The remedy component is a HPFP with improved durability.
Probably a modification to the roller discussed in that article someone linked earlier in this thread. Seems the problem is twofold: the rotation issue coupled with the aeration of the fuel. I wonder how they solved that portion.

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link

This is the Safety Recall Report from the NHTSA. From the PDF in the link (no mention of "CP4"):
If you scrolled down a paragraph to Chronology portion, it lists the CP 4.2:

ā€¢ From February 2022, through August 2022, FCA US TSRC conducted an analysis of stall patterns and vehicle history, determined that the affected vehicles were equipped with the Bosch CP4.2 high pressure fuel pump, and determined that the high pressure fuel pump was the origin of the stalls.
Sponsored