Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my notice yesterday, it says the remedy for this condition is not currently available. So if my HPFP dies or blows up there is currently no parts to fix it.
there are parts to fix if broken, but they wont be the new parts. you will still need to have the recall performed once that fix is available.

now the parts may take a while to get if you break, but you wont be down until the recall can be performed at least.
Sponsored

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
My dealer told me last month, National backorder, no idea when they will get any.

the_jeepeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
There's a part number that can be quoted on a backorder?

We know the make and model of the recall replacement pump?

Just got my notice today. Will proceed as normal in the mean time by keeping the tanks full and using that fuel regularly with quality cetane and lubricity enhancers.

It's funny looking back now at how happy I was to see how clean the oil looked on the dipstick but now realizing I shouldn't have been because the fuel is dry asℱ ultra low sulfur and the system wasn't designed for that kind of fuel😒

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Recall notice does not say all models but some. Is it possible some of us are not part of this? I look up my VIN and so did my dealer. It doesn't show up.

OP
OP
Grayhound

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
Recall notice does not say all models but some. Is it possible some of us are not part of this? I look up my VIN and so did my dealer. It doesn't show up.
Did you look at mopar.com? Mine does not show up in the jeep app, but it does show at mopar.com when I search my vin

Sponsored

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
Got my notice the other day, and I have been trying to decide which dealer is the least shittiest to install an new Fuel Pump. I feel like whoever I pick I will end up with some new unsolvable issue afterwards. I guess I won't have to worry about it for a while since who knows when the parts will even be available.

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
Has anyone with a ‘22 gotten the notice or are all of you getting the notice have earlier models?

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
You can also check your vin at the NHTSA site, here.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Did you look at mopar.com? Mine does not show up in the jeep app, but it does show at mopar.com when I search my vin
Yes.The notice also identifies specific build dates and mine was not in those windows.

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Well they all have the same pump and the first pump in my ‘22 failed so I was just curious how far along in production years people had actually gotten the recall letter.
I *hope* you’re wrong but just noting this From the notice.

The recall affects the following vehicles…

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
oddly, i received my 3rd notice in the mail for this yesterday that still says no solution is available yet.

bizarre.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I'm scheduled for delivery on 12/5 for a 2023 diesel, would they still be using a fuel pump that is already recalled? Article mentions spring next year for the fix...it doesn't seem to make sense
Not to sidetrack the topic, but how did you get a 2023 diesel JL? I was under the impression they stopped doing the 3.0s for the 2023 model year.
Sponsored