Sponsored

3.0 Diesel EGR tube plugged

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
My tdi Touareg has been bullet proof since new so far from 2013...and they gave me $12k guilt cash
Lol - that vehicle is one of VW's that was found cheating the EPA. They figured it was cheaper to pay the fines than deal with emission warranty costs.
Sponsored

Germansheperd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2019 HD FLHXS, 2018 Taurus, 2008 Mustang GT, 1994 Z28
My 2.0T is looking really good about now.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
My tdi Touareg has been bullet proof since new so far from 2013...and they gave me $12k guilt cash
When I first read this I did not believe it so I did a quick check and WOW, Your right not many complaints at all. 1 out of 1000 diesels with a great service history. Maybe the Gen3 will be the second.:fingerscrossed:

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
I have had 3 VW diesels. During dieselgate, nobody, I knew, sold their rigs back because they did not love them, it was because of the stupid amount of money VW was paying. My 5 year old Golf with 50K miles was worth over 22K and the wife's '12 Touareg with over 60K mile was worth over 40K.

Wife loved her Touareg. Mileage was right at 25 MPG combined highway and city.

Sponsored

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
I have had 3 VW diesels. During dieselgate, nobody, I knew, sold their rigs back because they did not love them, it was because of the stupid amount of money VW was paying. My 5 year old Golf with 50K miles was worth over 22K and the wife's '12 Touareg with over 60K mile was worth over 40K.

Wife loved her Touareg. Mileage was right at 25 MPG combined highway and city.
This is what happened to me. I had a '12 VW Jetta... I loved that thing, but when they offered me 24k on a 6k note, I took it and traded all that cash in for a 455HP convertible Camaro... lol. I went from a great engine to a great engine...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yea and none of the emissions parts are covered after 36k miles...that gives the canadian tuners less than two years to sort out an ECU mod for deletes because there’s precisely zero chance I’m paying out of pocket to replace failed DPF, EGR, or SCR components. Having spent over 5 hours under my rig already, I can guarantee these first few emissions issues are far from the last...absolute rat nest under there.
I asked about gas models so not sure how much value I will add with this post? There is some diesel related coverage. I just am not familiar with what components diesels have. You Guys who are more knowledgable can sort it out.

I asked some people who sold the Mopar Policies about coverage and got a lot of conflicting replies back. I got different replies so I asked for a copy of the actual contract. Originally I was told no Emissions components were covered under the Max Care Extended Warranty. It looks like some Emission components are covered according to the contract. Not sure how much of the stuff listed under Emissions relates to the diesel though. A obvious one is the DEF system which is covered. Hope this helps.

Attachments

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
This is what happened to me. I had a '12 VW Jetta... I loved that thing, but when they offered me 24k on a 6k note, I took it and traded all that cash in for a 455HP convertible Camaro... lol. I went from a great engine to a great engine...
Yea we had a ‘12 and a ‘13 golf TDI. Sold both back to VW for over $20k each and replaced with a 6MT ‘18 compass and an ‘18 JLUR. Now the ‘18 JLUR has a new home and a pile of that VW money sits in a ‘20 JLUR 3.0.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked about gas models so not sure how much value I will add with this post? There is some diesel related coverage. I just am not familiar with what components diesels have. You Guys who are more knowledgable can sort it out.

I asked some people who sold the Mopar Policies about coverage and got a lot of conflicting replies back. I got different replies so I asked for a copy of the actual contract. Originally I was told no Emissions components were covered under the Max Care Extended Warranty. It looks like some Emission components are covered according to the contract. Not sure how much of the stuff listed under Emissions relates to the diesel though. A obvious one is the DEF system which is covered. Hope this helps.
The DPF is a guaranteed failure out of warranty if you drive it far enough and a guaranteed cost of 3-5000 to replace unless you delete. That’s why they won’t warranty the thing. Having an EGR and DEF/SCR system warranty is nice if deleting is not in your future, but the fact that neither the government nor FCA/mopar will warranty a DPF should tell you everything you need to know about those damn things.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
The DPF is a guaranteed failure out of warranty if you drive it far enough and a guaranteed cost of 3-5000 to replace unless you delete. That’s why they won’t warranty the thing. Having an EGR and DEF/SCR system warranty is nice if deleting is not in your future, but the fact that neither the government nor FCA/mopar will warranty a DPF should tell you everything you need to know about those damn things.
I’m getting to the point that if FCA won’t offer extended coverage on emissions then I’m likely back to the 2.0 or 3.6. Every time I get close to pulling the trigger more FUBAR :(

Sponsored

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Generally DPF's don't fail but what you are probably referring to is they will eventually need to be cleaned. There are companies that offer an exchange program where they swap out your DPF for one that has been cleaned. Getting a DPF cleaned isn't that costly.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Generally DPF's don't fail but what you are probably referring to is they will eventually need to be cleaned. There are companies that offer an exchange program where they swap out your DPF for one that has been cleaned. Getting a DPF cleaned isn't that costly.
Yea they can be cleaned if being full is your only issue but if you think that’s going to be cheap on the 3.0, you may be gravely disappointed. Having driven personally and interacted with many folks dealing with DPF issues over the years, my experience has been failures requiring replacement are more common than needing a cleaning.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m getting to the point that if FCA won’t offer extended coverage on emissions then I’m likely back to the 2.0 or 3.6. Every time I get close to pulling the trigger more FUBAR :(
Drive it for a couple years and sell it before it’s out of warranty if you’re not happy with the performance or reliability track record.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Sure was, but man I love it. Stage 2 tune and the thing is a beast...and 30mpg
I miss my 3.0L TDI's.... got rid of them as they made the fix mandatory if you wanted any maintenance done and then mileage and performance tanked. Got them both bought back at purchase price plus 4%.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Drive it for a couple years and sell it before it’s out of warranty if you’re not happy with the performance or reliability track record.
I’m 55 and looking for my last vehicle. Not gonna drop the cash to lift, add big tires and other personal touches to later give it up. For that then just lease the 3.6 and problem solved.
Sponsored