Sponsored

3.0 Air Intake Likely to Complicate Snorkel/Raised Air Intakes

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
upload_2019-10-8_12-55-25.jpeg

Anyone else notice the driver-side air intake on the 3.0? If snorkel/raised air intake manufacturers wanted to avoid redesigning exterior plumbing for the 3.0, routing the internal plumbing to the passenger side looks like a near impossibility with a number of items in the way. Likely to delay availability of these mods for quite some time regardless of solution.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I put my faith into the aftermarket to figure it out.

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
They may just make a driver side snorkel like Nissan SUVs/trucks, Jeep XJ cherokee and some Defenders use. I doubt it’s too distracting. It could actually be a cool unique look for the diesels!

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
They may just make a driver side snorkel like Nissan SUVs/trucks, Jeep XJ cherokee and some Defenders use. I doubt it’s too distracting. It could actually be a cool unique look for the diesels!
That's probably the easiest thing for aftermarket manufacturers to do, honestly. I had a good feeling there would be delay in aftermarket intakes regardless since this is a new engine for the platform.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's probably the easiest thing for aftermarket manufacturers to do, honestly. I had a good feeling there would be delay in aftermarket intakes regardless since this is a new engine for the platform.
AEV translation: 2021 lol.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is sure a good fight trying to create one for this motor with everything in the way on the driver's side.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is sure a good fight trying to create one for this motor with everything in the way on the driver's side.
Why? Almost all of the AEV plumbing is external to the hood and there’s a straight shot to the cut point from the intake..

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Why? Almost all of the AEV plumbing is external to the hood and there’s a straight shot to the cut point from the intake..
I didn't specify so that's my fault, I am talking about/looking for an under the hood option. External systems can be made without any problem for sure.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't specify so that's my fault, I am talking about/looking for an under the hood option. External systems can be made without any problem for sure.
Yet neither mopar nor AEV seem to have any interest in what amounts to a mirror image of their passenger side designs in solid works. Tens of thousands of 3.0 wranglers and gladiators on the road, nothing but the overly complicated hauk system for the 3.0. Truly mind blowing.
Sponsored