Jeep Wave πŸ‘‹
2nd front windshield replacement in 3 mos
Safelite out again.
This time, they upgraded me to Guerilla Glass πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ @ no cost
Very happy
Plus, I'm adding the grab guard film later this week to the windshield
Hopefully these 2 upgrades will prevent cracked windshields in future
Time will tell
Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd Windshield Replacement/Upgraded Guerilla Glass πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž 20221004_120011
Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd Windshield Replacement/Upgraded Guerilla Glass πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž 20221004_120020
Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd Windshield Replacement/Upgraded Guerilla Glass πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž 20221004_120028
Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd Windshield Replacement/Upgraded Guerilla Glass πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž 20221004_120053
Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I hate to tell you but Gorilla glass cracks just as easily as OEM. I’m on second gorilla glass but this time I installed Racing Optics tear off film. So far the windshield has taken two good rock hits, no chips, cracks.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to tell you but Gorilla glass cracks just as easily as OEM. I’m on second gorilla glass but this time I installed Racing Optics tear off film. So far the windshield has taken two good rock hits, no chips, cracks.
I appreciate the feedback. Sry to hear about your 2nd glass as well
I'm happy to have been upgraded @ no charge & taking the extra step of adding the grab guard to the windshield
Time will tell whether this worked or not

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Jeep Wave πŸ‘‹
2nd front windshield replacement in 3 mos
Safelite out again.
This time, they upgraded me to Guerilla Glass πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ @ no cost
Very happy
Plus, I'm adding the grab guard film later this week to the windshield
Hopefully these 2 upgrades will prevent cracked windshields in future
Time will tell
20221004_120011.jpg
20221004_120020.jpg
20221004_120028.jpg
20221004_120053.jpg
So far, from what I've been told from installers that GG is worse than OEM non GG. Probably gave you it for free because no one wanted it lol. JK.

Good luck though -- hope it works out... many of others haven't been so lucky. Please be aware that any glass claim paid out by insurance shows up to insurers as a comprehensive claim on your clue report, and CAN and WILL be used to deny coverage in the future. So far, have found this to be true at minimum in AZ and FL.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
So far, from what I've been told from installers that GG is worse than OEM non GG. Probably gave you it for free because no one wanted it lol. JK.

Good luck though -- hope it works out... many of others haven't been so lucky.
Thx, hopefully these 2 upgrades work.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

im assuming its the type of glass used on the higher trim wranglers? my 2018 base sport windshield is still going strong. basic 5" radio, no special antenna or anything. (knock on wood). going on 5 years now.

our 2022 Pacifica hybrid windshield just got a rock chip. it has the 10" Uconnect 5 radio and sensors up the wazoo. just turned one year old.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im assuming its the type of glass used on the higher trim wranglers? my 2018 base sport windshield is still going strong. basic 5" radio, no special antenna or anything. (knock on wood). going on 5 years now.

our 2022 Pacifica hybrid windshield just got a rock chip. it has the 10" Uconnect 5 radio and sensors up the wazoo. just turned one year old.
No, it's an option (paid) from the factory that is no longer available as of '23 from what I can tell.

They are very prone to chips/cracks if you drive on freeways with lots of traffic/landscape trucks. Assuming you don't do that a lot, it should hold up OK. I gave up on it -- I just replace my windshield once I get enough chips to warrant it, but wait at least 12 months to do it. Every time I put a new one in, within a few days of driving on the freeway to commute it's cracked again. 392 GG made it 400 miles. Gladiator chipped day #2.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Guerilla glass? Is that bullet proof?

On those windshields, the Gorilla layer is on the inside, it's regular glass on the outer layer.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

No, it's an option (paid) from the factory that is no longer available as of '23 from what I can tell.

They are very prone to chips/cracks if you drive on freeways with lots of traffic/landscape trucks. Assuming you don't do that a lot, it should hold up OK. I gave up on it -- I just replace my windshield once I get enough chips to warrant it, but wait at least 12 months to do it. Every time I put a new one in, within a few days of driving on the freeway to commute it's cracked again.
i wasnt referring to GG. just the glass on wranglers in general. i thought i had read way back when this all started that they used a special glass for wranglers that have antennas in the glass. i am surrounded by freeways crawling with big rigs. i live in big rig central. tons of warehouses near me. when i took my daughters civic for windshield crack repair they had a JLU they were working on at the shop lol.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i wasnt referring to GG. just the glass on wranglers in general. i thought i had read way back when this all started that they used a special glass for wranglers that have antennas in the glass. i am surrounded by freeways crawling with big rigs. i live in big rig central. tons of warehouses near me. when i took my daughters civic for windshield crack repair they had a JLU they were working on at the shop lol.
You should play the lottery then. Haha.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
An all time classic movie, in case you haven't seen it

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Of course the easiest solution is to stay away from guys like this ion the first place

Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd Windshield Replacement/Upgraded Guerilla Glass πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž Construction-Vehicle-Do-Not-Follow-Sign

40 years of hard driving and my only broken windshield was the one I dropped my wrench on........... Yeah, I know "But the freeways out here are all gravel and blah blah blah..."

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Put GG in mine a year ago this coming December after breaking my standard glass in the first month or so. So far its taken at least 2 dozen hits and is still going strong. I have about 4 small chips that the dealer filled at no charge. I drive 70 miles on the freeway a day and alot of dirt roads.

Its not break proof but it is alot better than the standard glass imo.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Put GG in mine a year ago this coming December after breaking my standard glass in the first month or so. So far its taken at least 2 dozen hits and is still going strong. I have about 4 small chips that the dealer filled at no charge. I drive 70 miles on the freeway a day and alot of dirt roads.

Its not break proof but it is alot better than the standard glass imo.
Hey man. Thx for positive feedback πŸ‘
I will report back my findings. Hopefully 3 is not my lucky number 🀣
Sponsored