Sponsored

2nd Used Oil Analysis on my 2019 with Rotella 0w-20.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
thanks for sharing the info. good to know that using the 0w20 will show no issue on the long run and not have to worry about anything..

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Do you credit Rotella for the engine going this distance without any notable deterioration?

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Do you credit Rotella for the engine going this distance without any notable deterioration?
Not really. Any good oil should be able to do the same thing. I like the strong additive package in Rotella. Also with the rebate it can be a great deal.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks, just got in the second UOA on my 2019 JLU. Looks like the engine is doing fine with this oil.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd Used Oil Analysis on my 2019 with Rotella 0w-20. img079 (Medium)
I just had one of the best UOA's I've had after a 5k run with it. Mine is the older SN+ version, but it probably already met the API's SP specification.

I just drained out a run of Walmart Supertech Advanced 0w20 from my wife's JLUR. it is the 20k mile version. I took a sample and will send it in. It had about 4600 miles on it. I actually think it is a very good oil, but very similar, if not identical, to their 10k version, which also has a good rep. I replaced it with Mobil 1 EP 0w20. After 5k to 6k on that, I'll put some Shell Rotella Gas Truck in there. I still have at least 15 and maybe as much as 25 quarts of it left.

It is darned good oil, though. I doubt I'll ever see an oil that good for next to nothing in cost again! I think I got about 3 5 quart jugs for free after rewards and rebates. Combined with a $3 Mobil 1 filter from my Walmart clearance stash, I don't think it gets any better than that. A $3 oil change! Lol!

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I just had one of the best UOA's I've had after a 5k run with it. Mine is the older SN+ version, but it probably already met the API's SP specification.

I just drained out a run of Walmart Supertech Advanced 0w20 from my wife's JLUR. it is the 20k mile version. I took a sample and will send it in. It had about 4600 miles on it. I actually think it is a very good oil, but very similar, if not identical, to their 10k version, which also has a good rep. I replaced it with Mobil 1 EP 0w20. After 5k to 6k on that, I'll put some Shell Rotella Gas Truck in there. I still have at least 15 and maybe as much as 25 quarts of it left.

It is darned good oil, though. I doubt I'll ever see an oil that good for next to nothing in cost again! I think I got about 3 5 quart jugs for free after rewards and rebates. Combined with a $3 Mobil 1 filter from my Walmart clearance stash, I don't think it gets any better than that. A $3 oil change! Lol!
RTG has become difficult to find locally. At the moment I'm running QS Full Synthetic in my JT, which I read is very similar.

Seems every time I go to Walmart to buy oil they are out of what I came for. I may have to start mail order, lol.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
RTG has become difficult to find locally. At the moment I'm running QS Full Synthetic in my JT, which I read is very similar.

Seems every time I go to Walmart to buy oil they are out of what I came for. I may have to start mail order, lol.
Take a look at Havoline Pro-DS 0w20 Longlife. I think it may be one of the better oils on the market and you can get a 6 quart box from Walmart.com for 20 bucks. I've got it in my 18 JLUR right now.

They are getting ready to release Pro-RS which will have a percentage of the base oil as a plant based oil that is higher performance than most base oils, more like a group IV or PAO. It has a higher flash point and lower pour point than Pro-DS and most other group III or GTL (Pennzoil Platinum) synthetics and cleaning ability similar to esters. Should be a VERY good oil.

Last edited:

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
In the end it’s more important to change oil regularly, keep all filters clean and I’m a firm believer in taking at least one good highway run a week to get it good and hot to vaporize any moisture in the oil. Moisture in the oil is very common with city driven vehicles as they trend not to get hot long enough just running back and forth especially in colder climates.

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I will stick with Motul 8100 Eco-Lite 0W-20 Motor Oil....... But, Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20 would be an alternate choice.
Sponsored