Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lets get back to talking about jeeps hu?
We are all suppose to be friends here come on for real.
This should should of been closed 20 replies ago.
I'm just pulling his chain. You brought something up and he didn't need to rim you over it.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad I don't do any social media. Sometimes this forum gives me the good reason that I don't.

You all have a great Sunday and take care !!!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear thatā€™s all it was and got it resolved.

I canā€™t believe FCA still hasnā€™t figured out how to seat fuses properly, though.

Consider yourself lucky. If you had taken it to the dealer, they would have kept the Jeep for a month and still hadnā€™t been unable to figure out whatā€™s wrong with it. šŸ˜«

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
You guys rock, thank you for the suggestion. So i dont know if it was a fuse or relay or waht but you were very right! They were all loose and hardly plugged in.

I cranked them alll and started the jeep up. The ABS light came on for a few minutes and now EVERYTHING is off again! Wheew Thank you guys!
Took it for a test ride everything stayed off! Back to being stoked about my jeep :)

Thanks for supporting my temper tantrum!
So much for this being on every dealers pre-delivery checklist!

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Glad the fuses did the trick, when I took my order I popped in a good 15 loose fuses myself. The diesel engine is a beast.:like:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm confused as to why the loose fuses would cause the issue *only* after going through a little mud hole at 10MPH. If they were loose, I'd imagine all the bouncing on the badge of honor trails would have done it.

OP - did you do extra start/sleep cycles or deep washing in conjunction with pressing down the fuses?

I'm more inclined to believe that sensor drying/cleaning etc self resolved the issue vs fuses.

P.S. I had about 40% of my fuses/relays loose from the factory, but my Jeep didn't have any problems with the loose fuses or with them pressed down - seem to work well either way.

Last edited:

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I'm confused as to why the loose fuses would cause the issue *only* after going through a little mud hole at 10MPH. If they were loose, I'd imagine all the bouncing on the badge of honor trails would have done it.

OP - did you do extra start/sleep cycles or deep washing in conjunction with pressing down the fuses?

I'm more inclined to believe that sensor dying/cleaning etc self resolved the issue vs fuses.

P.S. I had about 40% of my fuses/relays loose from the factory, but my Jeep didn't have any problems with the loose fuses or with them pressed down - seem to work well either way.
I think time will tell if loose fuses were the culprit.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I gota say I'm really disappointed with my $70,000 jeep.

So i headed out to hacket gulch and long water. The day was great, the jeep did great minus some poor line choices made by me and i thought we were home free.

So driving out of the woods towards divide, i splashed through a few puddles as a badge of honor having completed a fun day.

10 seconds later, EVERY SINGLE LIGHT on the dashboard came on.
ABS, EPS, "service 4 wheel drive" Sway bar disabled, ACC disabled, etc etc literlly every light that could of.

So now after a good day i have to go take my less then 1 month old 1400 mile rubicon in to the dealer for electrical gremlins. I fear that this will be the tone set for my entire ownership now of this vehicle.
I am so disappointed. Jeep knows people are going to get these things wet and they dindt think to protect the electrical harness from water?
Let me be clear, i didnt go through a river up over my door, i literally went though a few mud puddles at 10 mph

Rant over......
Mine had an issue where a wiring harness was wrapped around the exhaust manifold and the symptoms were identical to what you described. The dealer re routed it and the problem went away.

this may not be helpful for OP but for others that search looking for a solution to theirs. All my fuses were fine, though I did have a slightly loose ground. Tried that first but no luck. It wasnā€™t until we re routed that harness that it was fixed. We knew it was the issue as touching the harness to the manifold when it was hot immediately reproduced the issue

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

I'm more inclined to believe that sensor drying/cleaning etc self resolved the issue vs fuses.

Just reading this post for the first time, and the same "how did loose fuses do this?" question occurred to me. I'm probably one of the least mechanically-inclined on this forum, but the cause-and-effect (puddle + loose fuses = lit up dash) seems tenuous to me. BTW, my fuses were rock solid from the factory.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I gota say I'm really disappointed with my $70,000 jeep.

So i headed out to hacket gulch and long water. The day was great, the jeep did great minus some poor line choices made by me and i thought we were home free.

So driving out of the woods towards divide, i splashed through a few puddles as a badge of honor having completed a fun day.

10 seconds later, EVERY SINGLE LIGHT on the dashboard came on.
ABS, EPS, "service 4 wheel drive" Sway bar disabled, ACC disabled, etc etc literlly every light that could of.

So now after a good day i have to go take my less then 1 month old 1400 mile rubicon in to the dealer for electrical gremlins. I fear that this will be the tone set for my entire ownership now of this vehicle.
I am so disappointed. Jeep knows people are going to get these things wet and they dindt think to protect the electrical harness from water?
Let me be clear, i didnt go through a river up over my door, i literally went though a few mud puddles at 10 mph

Rant over......
Wait $70k? Thatā€™s what I said earlier in a 392 thread. Everyone said they are not $65k-70k. They said they got their fully loaded JLUR for $45k.

Iā€™m assuming you paid $25k adm correct?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just reading this post for the first time, and the same "how did loose fuses do this?" question occurred to me. I'm probably one of the least mechanically-inclined on this forum, but the cause-and-effect (puddle + loose fuses = lit up dash) seems tenuous to me. BTW, my fuses were rock solid from the factory.
It's not necessarily the puddle per se, more likely it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Just enough of a bump in a long series of bumps to cause a spark at the fuse, which gave the computer an aneurysm. Seating all the fuses & relays and restarting (rebooting) solved the problem. Nowadays you need to be just as much computer inclined as mechanically inclined.

Also I'd be willing to bet that your fuses were not rock solid from the factory, rather your dealer seated them all as part of their delivery prep. If I ran a dealership that's what I'd do. I don't want you coming back over something simple stupid like a loose fuse. That isn't good for anyone. Kinda surprised all dealers don't do this.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.