Not open for further replies.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Most of the codes may have been sympathetic. I went through something similar a few weeks ago. It started with my blindspot stuck on after going through a deep puddle, then the Jeep went nuts with every light on the dash and my driver rear wheel locked. I had to drag it out in 4L, one rotor was purple by the time I was out.
Dealership replaced the faulty wheel sensor and it has been fine since. Knock on wood, I go back on the trails tomorrow.
The rear wheel speed/direction sensors are synced with the transmission output sensor . If the rear sensor is off , the ecu cuts transmission up shift and puts you in limp mode . The rear sensor tolerance is all over the place and can easily be upset by water .

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
The rear wheel speed/direction sensors are synced with the transmission output sensor . If the rear sensor is off , the ecu cuts transmission up shift and puts you in limp mode . The rear sensor tolerance is all over the place and can easily be upset by water .
I have a manual, so I’m not sure what limp mode is for me. Once I got off the trail and shifted to 4H it became driveable again. It went back to 4L for the last obstacle to get out and did ok. At that point my ABS light was the only one left on.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. We don’t care what you spent on your Jeep as everyone on here has an idea what they cost as they’ve purchased one too. Everyone who complains that they spent $xx,xxx on their Jeep should have done a little more research as these Jeeps are well known for having issues. If you spent as much time searching for fixes as you did writing your rant, you probably would have found your answer.

And as for trying to make yourself look better by saying you park your Jeep next to your Porsche GTS, you just succeeded in making yourself look even more petty. So, which GTS are you taking about? Macan, 911, Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera, Boxter. See, plenty of GTS models out there and you can’t even self inflate your worth enough to say which model.
Unbelievable!! This is a forum for Fellow Jeepers, not Twitter haters.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
You guys rock, thank you for the suggestion. So i dont know if it was a fuse or relay or waht but you were very right! They were all loose and hardly plugged in.

I cranked them alll and started the jeep up. The ABS light came on for a few minutes and now EVERYTHING is off again! Wheew Thank you guys!
Took it for a test ride everything stayed off! Back to being stoked about my jeep :)

Thanks for supporting my temper tantrum!
you have a right to be mad. While I understand the “it’s a Jeep thing” mentality, it doesn’t excuse bad quality control. Making a customizable vehicle that can remove body parts and has a solid axle does mean compromise and Jeep owners accept that ... pushing down fuses and tightening bolts is just manufacturing 101.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Unbelievable!! This is a forum for Fellow Jeepers, not Twitter haters.
Nope, no hate here. Plus, never been on Twitter. Present yourself as a fellow Jeeper and you’d get straight answers from a fellow Jeeper. Present yourself as a whiner and these are the responses you’ll get.

Do a search on this website and you’ll see I help out when I can.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Never any shortage of Internet forum
What’s unbelievable? And how did Twitter enter into this thread?

Maybe the intent of your post wasn’t meant to be humorous but I chuckled. :CWL:

This was all very, very preachy. Anymore keystrokes and I would have to miss Sunday’s service. At any rate, I’m going to assume you wrote all this secretly for yourself and leave you with it.
Not preachy at all. I just used to be like you once then I grew up. I have missed out on meeting a lot of cool
People in my life because I use to have a piss poor attitude like you. Then I decided that constantly trying to prove how big a man I was not only cost me potential new friends but stressed me out. Maybe you should think about that

also you missed the point

the point of calling out the price of the jeep was to simply make a statement that a vehicle at these price levels should not have the issues they have from the research it was suggested I do! For $70k I should be able to assume the fuses are installed! Should
I also assume there is diff oil in the damn thing too or should I check that for my $70k
Secondly , I brought up my Porsche as an example in comparison to things that are expensive but are of such high build quality they warrant the price.
thirdly I left out the Porsche model number because I didn’t want to sound like a pompous asshole but because you called me out on it ok.
It’s a 2020 targa 4 GTS. It is a true marvel in engineering and warrants its cost.
Mopar charging $80k for wrangler with a hemi crammed under the hood that is what’s insane. It’s a JEEP people.

but i digress, I love my diesel and I’m not bitching about the money I’m bitching about the dollar to quality ratio and that is significantly off like most American made products sadly if you can even call
It American made.

but seriously, you can think what you want of me but my intentions are pure and good and I’m a nice good with good motives in life. If you are content with being an angry little joe Pesci type then I feel sorry for you. Life’s to short man.Get off the internet and go enjoy some friends. Maybe get a hug or have a martini

but as I said before thanks to everyone with the great suggestions. What a good forum

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I gota say I'm really disappointed with my $70,000 jeep.

So i headed out to hacket gulch and long water. The day was great, the jeep did great minus some poor line choices made by me and i thought we were home free.

So driving out of the woods towards divide, i splashed through a few puddles as a badge of honor having completed a fun day.

10 seconds later, EVERY SINGLE LIGHT on the dashboard came on.
ABS, EPS, "service 4 wheel drive" Sway bar disabled, ACC disabled, etc etc literlly every light that could of.

So now after a good day i have to go take my less then 1 month old 1400 mile rubicon in to the dealer for electrical gremlins. I fear that this will be the tone set for my entire ownership now of this vehicle.
I am so disappointed. Jeep knows people are going to get these things wet and they dindt think to protect the electrical harness from water?
Let me be clear, i didnt go through a river up over my door, i literally went though a few mud puddles at 10 mph

Rant over......
Im glad you got it sorted out ... not for nothing though, I had to send my ... literally 1 day old Rubicon with 35 miles on it back to the dealership ... it was then there for 2 weeks ... I didn’t type up a rant half as long as yours ...
Also my “$85,000” ram 2500 had water leaking through the clearance lights into the cab lol ... $$$ doesn’t equal expectation... shit look at McLaren lol

D3BD90F3-D086-4F69-B78C-7DA226219FA1.gif

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Im glad you got it sorted out ... not for nothing though, I had to send my ... literally 1 day old Rubicon with 35 miles on it back to the dealership ... it was then there for 2 weeks ... I didn’t type up a rant half as long as yours ...
Also my “$85,000” ram 2500 had water leaking through the clearance lights into the cab lol ... $$$ doesn’t equal expectation... shit look at McLaren lol

Jeep Wrangler JL 2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues D3BD90F3-D086-4F69-B78C-7DA226219FA1
Sounds like maybe you should try a Ford lll
My F350 dually runs just fine :p

i had a Cummins for a while it was ok. It was the def consumption pulling my toy hauler that turned me away from the Cummins
My Ford get about 5mpg better and doesn’t drink nearly the def fluid

both good trucks. The Cummins sure has a great exhaust brake though. The Ford one sucks. I used to never touch my brakes on my ram 3500. The Ford meh..... it’s ok but at least it doesn’t leak! LOL

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like maybe you should try a Ford lll
My F350 dually runs just fine :p

i had a Cummins for a while it was ok. It was the def consumption pulling my toy hauler that turned me away from the Cummins
My Ford get about 5mpg better and doesn’t drink nearly the def fluid

both good trucks. The Cummins sure has a great exhaust brake though. The Ford one sucks. I used to never touch my brakes on my ram 3500. The Ford meh..... it’s ok but at least it doesn’t leak! LOL
Ford doesn’t make a mega-cab 🥃
My truck was also assembled in the great state of Mexico ... I hear that, when I’m towing my camper it sucks that stuff down ... I got decent mileage on my trip a couple weeks ago though

2FD47DCE-4D3D-43AC-A77A-600EE08B9622.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Ford doesn’t make a mega-cab 🥃
My truck was also assembled in the great state of Mexico ... I hear that, when I’m towing my camper it sucks that stuff down ... I got decent mileage on my trip a couple weeks ago though

2FD47DCE-4D3D-43AC-A77A-600EE08B9622.jpeg
Yea that’s not to bad, about what I used to get in mine towing about 16,000 pounds

LOL my complaint was having to put a box of def in at every fill up.
Stupid EPA hard at work ruining our diesels (eye roll)

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that’s not to bad, about what I used to get in mine towing about 16,000 pounds

LOL my complaint was having to put a box of def in at every fill up.
Stupid EPA hard at work ruining our diesels (eye roll)
Something was definitely wrong there ... I am just about on the 50-1 ratio ... a box every couple thousand miles

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What’s unbelievable? And how did Twitter enter into this thread?

Maybe the intent of your post wasn’t meant to be humorous but I chuckled. :CWL:

This was all very, very preachy. Anymore keystrokes and I would have to miss Sunday’s service. At any rate, I’m going to assume you wrote all this secretly for yourself and leave you with it.
OK, children, I understand it was way past your bedtime but please mind your manners.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Status
Not open for further replies.