Sponsored

2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues , Round two!

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Former Evergreen resident here. After getting my vehicle back from Merced service, I once found a half-eaten burrito dripping juice into my GC’s (leather) rear seats.
Merced?
Sponsored

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
I bought my '98 TJ new from AutoNation West in Golden. (former Evergreen resident here, also).

They were fine. I never had an issue that required a follow up with Service.

Really hope @JeepCares gets their act together and restores your faith in Jeep.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Update
Still no contact from @JeepCares
What a surprise that they don’t give a shit

Dealer has finally been able to reliably reproduce the issue. They took an identical rubicon with the same mopar lift and 35’s down the same road and my jeep goes insane and throws all kinds of codes and the other doesn’t

The jeep is throwing a code for a correlation error between drive shaft speed and wheel sensor speed in the rear

They replaced the wheel speed sensors and it’s still doing it

As of right now 25% of the time I have owned the jeep if’s been in the shop

Think it’s time for a you tube video will see if jeep cares then

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Update
Still no contact from @JeepCares
What a surprise that they don’t give a shit

Dealer has finally been able to reliably reproduce the issue. They took an identical rubicon with the same mopar lift and 35’s down the same road and my jeep goes insane and throws all kinds of codes and the other doesn’t

The jeep is throwing a code for a correlation error between drive shaft speed and wheel sensor speed in the rear

They replaced the wheel speed sensors and it’s still doing it

As of right now 25% of the time I have owned the jeep if’s been in the shop

Think it’s time for a you tube video will see if jeep cares then
Oh, they will chime in, at some point. They will say how sorry they are for your troubles, and will do everything they can for you. Then, they will ask you to correspond via private messaging. When these issues are put out, for all to see, it cost them sales. You better believe the word gets around, on Jeep issues. Many people I run into, love the look of my Wrangler, but hear from others how they are plagued with issues. I never had issues with my 98 TJ, like I have with my 2018 JLUS S.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Still nothing from them and still don’t have my jeep

At this point I regret buying it
Hi again, Bobbys. If you recall, I did follow up with you in private message and asked for details, which you did not provide and went on to say you did not want my help. If you are still in need of assistance with this concern, you can follow up with me there again or continue to work with your dealer for repairs.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hi again, Bobbys. If you recall, I did follow up with you in private message and asked for details, which you did not provide and went on to say you did not want my help. If you are still in need of assistance with this concern, you can follow up with me there again or continue to work with your dealer for repairs.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hilarious
I told told you specifically if you really wanted to help you would contact me and sent you my contact info

You did nothing! No surprise
Just like everyone else assumed, jeep couldn’t care less
It’s not my responsibility to contact you. You see the problem you know the jeep has been in the shop nearly two weeks and you are not doing your job as “@jeepcares” to assist.

It’s sad that it takes this kind of action to get assistance from a manufacturer who produces a $70,000 vehicle that is just junk

Wonder how many potential jeep buyers have been turned off by this thread

ldstruckn

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
This is why after six wranglers and cj's I am currently driving a Raptor. My $74,000 raptor has been flawless over the 25k miles I've owned it. I keep coming back here debating between the diesel and 2.0 rubicons but I keep running into too many posts about build quality that I cannot logically buy one. I sold all my FCA and Harley stock for the same reasons. They seem to be following down the same road of yesterday's quality at tomorrows prices and leaning heavily on an aging demographic; with no understanding that everyone in westernized countries utilize social media and forums to gather product information. We, enthusiasts, no longer rely on JD Power, Motortrend, ect to tell us what is reliable and well built.

Sponsored

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
Hilarious
I told told you specifically if you really wanted to help you would contact me and sent you my contact info
Post the messages. It could help with better responses from them.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
This is why after six wranglers and cj's I am currently driving a Raptor. My $74,000 raptor has been flawless over the 25k miles I've owned it. I keep coming back here debating between the diesel and 2.0 rubicons but I keep running into too many posts about build quality that I cannot logically buy one. I sold all my FCA and Harley stock for the same reasons. They seem to be following down the same road of yesterday's quality at tomorrows prices and leaning heavily on an aging demographic; with no understanding that everyone in westernized countries utilize social media and forums to gather product information. We, enthusiasts, no longer rely on JD Power, Motortrend, ect to tell us what is reliable and well built.
Couldn’t agree more
I have never wanted to like a vehicle so much but been so destroyed by its manufacturing

I don’t think I’ll purchase another jeep vehicle vehicle and keeping this one is unlikely

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just playing devil's advocate here but Jeep kicks a reported 500-800 wranglers out the door of the OH factory every day 6 days a week. Seems believable I live in Houston one of the largest cities in US and see a ton of JLs on the road on my 1 hour commute each way. Not once have I seen one on the side of the road though. I know it's human nature to yell at the heavens when things aren't going our way but are these handful of issues reported in this thread and others on this forum REALLY an indicator of significant quality problems? I don't know but nothing said on here is swaying my decision to buy one. In my lifetime I've probably had 30 vehicles including boats, RVs, Chevys, Fords, Pontiacs, Nissan, BMWs, PWCs, golf carts, and 3 Jeeps with one on order and I cannot say that I've ever had a serious issue quality issue with any mass produced vehicle. Some of that is luck I know but ultimately I have to believe that a company that actually has serious quality issues would not survive long. Jeep dealerships would be overrun with warranty work and their technicians would probably be more competent from fixing the same things over and over again if what is being said on here is an actual issue in a large scale. If anything these forums indicate that the service departments are dealing with unique issues and that is more likely the cause of the irritation to the vehicle owner. Anyway just my two cents based on my experience and perspective not saying at all people shouldn't pissed off their brand new Jeep is in the shop already with seemingly major problems but I just have a hard time believing this is an issue for the majority of JL owners.

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just playing devil's advocate here but Jeep kicks a reported 500-800 wranglers out the door of the OH factory every day 6 days a week. Seems believable I live in Houston one of the largest cities in US and see a ton of JLs on the road on my 1 hour commute each way. Not once have I seen one on the side of the road though. I know it's human nature to yell at the heavens when things aren't going our way but are these handful of issues reported in this thread and others on this forum REALLY an indicator of significant quality problems? I don't know but nothing said on here is swaying my decision to buy one. In my lifetime I've probably had 30 vehicles including boats, RVs, Chevys, Fords, Pontiacs, Nissan, BMWs, PWCs, golf carts, and 3 Jeeps with one on order and I cannot say that I've ever had a serious issue quality issue with any mass produced vehicle. Some of that is luck I know but ultimately I have to believe that a company that actually has serious quality issues would not survive long. Jeep dealerships would be overrun with warranty work and their technicians would probably be more competent from fixing the same things over and over again if what is being said on here is an actual issue in a large scale. If anything these forums indicate that the service departments are dealing with unique issues and that is more likely the cause of the irritation to the vehicle owner. Anyway just my two cents based on my experience and perspective not saying at all people shouldn't pissed off their brand new Jeep is in the shop already with seemingly major problems but I just have a hard time believing this is an issue for the majority of JL owners.
You defeated your own point
800 wranglers a day
Then you compare to how many you see on the side of the road

800 a day, how many do you think land in Houston? Probably a bunch but when compared to the number of cities in the US your sample space statistically to fuel your argument is nothing and void. I bet National wrangler sales are very homogeneous throughout the country given the current fad of owning one.

It’s popularity is not contingent on geographical location. People in NY NY like them because they are easy to park and small. People in Colorado because of off roading. People in California over landing. Etc etc

To say you see hardly none stranded on the side of the road during your 2 hours per day driving means nothing

Mine didn’t leave me stranded it was driveable.
So how many do you see that are driving but have a problem?

Your 2 hours a day in one city amounts to .000001 % of potential observable sample space around the country

The posts on forums, you tube and other sources amount to the largest possible sample space available and know to man , aka the internet

Although I agree, people get loud when things break the fact that many people are getting loud is much more observable then your 2 hour commute

You want to know how many are really broken?

Call 10 dealers in 10 cities
Tell them you have a check engine light and ask when the earliest appointment is.

See how busy each dealer is. I bet
most are weeks out and it’s not because they have a backlog of oil changes

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You defeated your own point
800 wranglers a day
Then you compare to how many you see on the side of the road

800 a day, how many do you think land in Houston? Probably a bunch but when compared to the number of cities in the US your sample space statistically to fuel your argument is nothing and void. I bet National wrangler sales are very homogeneous throughout the country given the current fad of owning one.

It’s popularity is not contingent on geographical location. People in NY NY like them because they are easy to park and small. People in Colorado because of off roading. People in California over landing. Etc etc

To say you see hardly none stranded on the side of the road during your 2 hours per day driving means nothing

Mine didn’t leave me stranded it was driveable.
So how many do you see that are driving but have a problem?

Your 2 hours a day in one city amounts to .000001 % of potential observable sample space around the country

The posts on forums, you tube and other sources amount to the largest possible sample space available and know to man , aka the internet

Although I agree, people get loud when things break the fact that many people are getting loud is much more observable then your 2 hour commute

You want to know how many are really broken?

Call 10 dealers in 10 cities
Tell them you have a check engine light and ask when the earliest appointment is.

See how busy each dealer is. I bet
most are weeks out and it’s not because they have a backlog of oil changes
ZERO on the side of the road is what I said. A real number just based on my experience you're pulling numbers out of the air. Point is neither of us know but but I'd put money my theory is correct and Jeep has some serious quality and everyone should be scared who owns one is not.
Sponsored