Sponsored

2nd time out, 2021 diesel more issues , Round two!

OP
OP

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
It wasnt a diesel issue it was a pos jeep issue
And piss poor quality control
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Reading this thread reminds me of my first 2015 JKUS - dude, I feel your pain. The freedom panels would leak like crazy after every rain, the dealership couldn't give a rat's ass about doing anything other than changing foam kits and making it worse. I could go on and on about how FCA dealership service departments suck but I believe the root cause is that they closed down many dealerships during the "great recession" and to my knowledge have re=opened very few so there is a much smaller service network available to service a much larger market.

Anyway, I went thru the whole "Jeep Cares" process which left me with impression they follow procedures designed to minimize internal costs and potential litigation, ultimately I retained a Dallas attorney who specializes in these things and deals with FCA on a daily basis. He was able to obtain a five figure settlement for me AND have my Jeep repaired at another dealership at no cost to me. DM me if you'd like his contact information. My saga is also well documented on another owner's forum.

I still have that JKUS. Yesterday, I took delivery of a 2021 JLUS Diesel. I've owned several FCA vehicles over the last 7 years and feel like I'm much more knowledgeable now when it comes to effectively resolving any inevitable issues with my new one. And that is to immediately address any chronic issues swiftly and persistently much like you have here.

Good luck.
@Austintatious, dm me your attorney in DFW. will reach out. similar situation going on for me.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
At least they are willing to buy back the vehicle.
That would definitely make me happy , at least you can move on to a new vehicle of your choice.
Having recently forced BMW to buy back a terrible X3, a buy back honestly is about the least they can do. That's just a company doing the bare minimum to save on lawyer fees for a law suit that they know they will lose.
The companies that inconvenience drivers in the way that happened in this thread should go a step beyond the bare minimum to acknowledge the unaccounted for losses. The accessories purchased, the needing another ding on your credit report to buy another car, the instant lowering of your car specific credit score since you likely will purchase another car before the buy back clears your report, the trips back and forth to the dealer, having to go through the crappy process of negotiating for another car, etc... It's really a miserable experience and I honestly see the buy back as the bare minimum done by headquarters to minimize their own losses and nothing more.

There's honestly not much fun in buying a new car and being forced to go through that whole annoying process over again without anyone making it a little nicer for you sucks.
Sponsored