2L Turbo e-Torque Air Tank Locations?

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I want to mount an onboard air tank on my 2L Wrangler 4 door with e-Torque but I’m not having luck finding anyone who’s done it successfully. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I want to mount an onboard air tank on my 2L Wrangler 4 door with e-Torque but I’m not having luck finding anyone who’s done it successfully. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
The only location where I think there's possibly any room, is if you install a muffler delete and put a tank where the muffler used to be. However, it would probably be susceptible to trail damage and would need a custom skid tabbed for it.

Otherwise, maybe forward of the eTorque battery??

I don't have an air tank mounted, but having been under my 2.0T w/eTorque quite a bit, these are the only locations which could reasonably be used. It might be easier to mount it in the trunk area or just go with a CO2 tank.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I want to mount an onboard air tank on my 2L Wrangler with e-Torque but I’m not having luck finding anyone who’s done it successfully. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Two, or four door?

Like a Power Tank? If you want something for only when you're on the trail, someone on here used the MORryde jerry can carrier to mount one externally.

I have two of the mounts myself, and plan to use them for carrying more than jerry cans as well.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
The only location where I think there's possibly any room, is if you install a muffler delete and put a tank where the muffler used to be. However, it would probably be susceptible to trail damage and would need a custom skid tabbed for it.

Otherwise, maybe forward of the eTorque battery??

I don't have an air tank mounted, but having been under my 2.0T w/eTorque quite a bit, these are the only locations which could reasonably be used. It might be easier to mount it in the trunk area or just go with a CO2 tank.
Thanks for the quick response. I’ve been under mine a bit also and didn’t really have any ideas. Maybe I’ll have to figure out something for the top rear part of the roll cage.

OP
OP

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Two, or four door?

Like a Power Tank? If you want something for only when you're on the trail, someone on here used the MORryde jerry can carrier to mount one externally.

I have two of the mounts myself, and plan to use them for carrying more than jerry cans as well.
4 door. Not a power tank. I’m looking for something I can fill with my compressor as needed.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
4 door. Not a power tank. I’m looking for something I can fill with my compressor as needed.
How big? I feel my little five-gallon tank at 100 psi might to be enough for two stock tires to go from 15-18 up to highway pressure.

Anything big enough for all four would probably be too large to permanently mount. I'd just tie it down in the back whenever I expected to use it. Unless you have one of those super fancy high-pressure Japanese compressors.
Sponsored