2L Dead

Deathtrap_85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2002 Dodge 2500, 1990 FS Bronco
Had an unexpected issues with my 2L yesterday, left me stranded. Had a bung that's bolted to the water pump, looks like its goes to the lower rad hose and a couple others with two T30 bolts come loose and leak out my coolant. Crappy part was the bar gauge in the middle of the dash didn't show a damn thing, showed normal just below the center line, but got a wiff of some coolant and scrolled through the menu to see my temp was at 235 and climbing quickly. Pulled over, saw the leak, let it cool, got some distilled water/OAT that I carry with me in it, fired it up, ran fine, but pulled the oil cap and tons of blow-by. Got it towed to the dealer, only 10,000km on the clock. The bolts I was able to turn with my fingers, odd thing is I had just stopped at a gas station an hour before and didn't have any signs of a leak then. So something to check over on your Jeep. Seems like just a fluke but worth checking, probably a friday build at the plant haha. Ruined the summer family vacation, was day one of 2 weeks off work, oh well. Hopefully warranty covers it.
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Sorry to hear about your wrangler issue. The excessive blow-by doesn’t sound good. Good luck on the warranty! Hopefully, they will give you a loaner, so you can enjoy your vacation.

OP
OP

Deathtrap_85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping for the loaner, worst case is to take my other truck, just wont be able to go wheelin unfortunately.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Yeah, the bar graph temperature gauge is one of those lie-o-meters. No better than an idiot light.

Set the center to display engine temperature and you’ll see the numbers change a lot but the bar graph never changes. I’ve seen temps from 185 to 233 and that bar graph might as well be painted on the dash. Never moves.

OP
OP

Deathtrap_85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It usually ran 185-215 on average, my JK's would creep to 235 under heavy load

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

It usually ran 185-215 on average, my JK's would creep to 235 under heavy load
My 2.0T runs around the same temps. Although, it was dabbling with 220 on Drummond Island, MI last week and that’s the hottest it’s been. Must have been from the mud or something. Before that, highest I ever saw was 218 and that was in when it was 98 outside doing nothing but rock crawling in Marble Falls, TX.
Sponsored