2dr wrangler JL oem subwoofer removal

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
I’m upgrading my sound and I got stuck at the factory subwoofer. Is there a harness or something from where to disconnect from? I’ve looked all over the net.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
I’m upgrading my sound and I got stuck at the factory subwoofer. Is there a harness or something from where to disconnect from? I’ve looked all over the net.

Update. For those who may want to remove the factory sub on the 2dr, on the passenger side in the rear, remove the plastic molding. Near the seatbelt mechanism you will see the wire harness. Disconnect. Saves the headache of cutting wires.

GeneralKlinger

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE
Did it come with the Alpine system, and you're upgrading that? Or just the base system?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Update. For those who may want to remove the factory sub on the 2dr, on the passenger side in the rear, remove the plastic molding. Near the seatbelt mechanism you will see the wire harness. Disconnect. Saves the headache of cutting wires.

How do you remove that plastic molding? Seems so well secured on there with no clear entry point - been trying to figure this one out for awhile. I would love to be able to pull the sub for camping/overlanding runs where I could really use that storage bin. Toss it back in when back home in road mode.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
How do you remove that plastic molding? Seems so well secured on there with no clear entry point - been trying to figure this one out for awhile. I would love to be able to pull the sub for camping/overlanding runs where I could really use that storage bin. Toss it back in when back home in road mode.
it does seem pretty secure but all you have to do is pull it out patiently. There’s many like 8 clips total. Start by the tailgate. Pull away the rubber seal and then slide your fingers underneath the molding. I took my time because sometimes those clips are sensitive and can break. You’ll be ok doing it. I didn’t break any. LOL!

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
only the alpine system has a subwoofer
Well, according to what the sticker listing had when I got it, it said it had the alpine system. But, after removing all the speakers, none of them had signs of alpine or their logo. Everything is mopar. 😕
Sponsored