Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Teraflex RT3 short arm kit with 37s, adjustable Falcons, and upgraded drag link, tie rod, and whatever track bar that didn’t come with the kit. Love it on the trails and highway.

My dealer told me yesterday 2 door Falcon shocks are backordered for 6 to 8 months. My advice is to love the one you’re with - find shit that’s in stock or be very patient if you have your heart set on a particular setup.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 11E31789-1F4E-4362-A27A-DF1D6115E198
Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
So it’s tuned for more weight? Beyond that, I can’t see what else would be different.
Exactly my thinking. The shocks are tuned to the springs, but spring rate is mostly influenced by weight, right?
The weight balance of a 2-door is likely different (more front heavy?). I don't think it matters though if it sits level.
My thoughts were that if it wasn't level I would just add some spacers, but going in I tried to factor in the additional weight of winch and stuff, plus the LoD rear bumper and carrier, which is a beast. And right "out of the box" it was level.

If anyone else tries this I'd absolutely recommend doing front LCAs and both track bars as soon as the lift goes on so you can get everything lined up before even putting the tires back on.

And I can't recommend enough the SteerSmarts TR/DL combo to help with the heavier wheels/tires (I tried to keep weight down here, too, as much as I could).

This Jeep is a joy on and off road. As much as I am tempted to trade it in and start over with a new Gobi JLR (my favorite color for a Jeep), I just can't. There are many like it, but this Jeep is mine.

Last edited:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
So it’s tuned for more weight? Beyond that, I can’t see what else would be different.

No different then how many brands use the same springs for both 2 and 4 doors, but you get more lift on the 2 door. Clayton being one.
I’m no suspension expert. Weight
I’ve had the Mopar 2” and KO2 35x12.50’s since new (2019), it articulates well, rides well and has good proportions to it. If anything it looks like it could take a bigger tyre size but then we’re into regearing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? great western trail head utah I-70
I am getting a quote for the Mopar lift install from my dealership next week. Did you add front and rear adjustable track bars? If I go with this lift, I am quite certain I will add them.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting a quote for the Mopar lift install from my dealership next week. Did you add front and rear adjustable track bars? If I go with this lift, I am quite certain I will add them.
‘I did add adjustable front and rear track bars, chromoly tie rod and drag link (going on once the Jeep is back from paint), none were absolutely necessary but my whole build ethos is to over engineer for its purpose.

Sponsored

Z06Guy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
2.5” Metal Cloke Game Changer on 315s made EVERY climb on this trail look easy while others struggled.

EWelch

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Currently in the 35s, no lift club. I'm only looking to go up 1-2" which has me torn between a factory based XR takeoff suspension with Mopar LCAs or saving up for the Clayton 1.5" Overland Plus. There's not a ton of options for a "mild lift" when you consider that most all kits are another inch plus over their advertised heights when put on a 2dr.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? trim.E09F1540-9BCF-469E-BD6C-01AF80F765D0.MOV
I did the Clayton overland plus. Very happy with it so far.

20220413_185322.jpg

OP
OP
dragoneggs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

2.5” Metal Cloke Game Changer on 315s made EVERY climb on this trail look easy while others struggled.

MC 2.5 GC is exactly what my buddy running a '20 JLUR w/37s said. But I didn't want to take his advice only as maybe a 2dr w/35in doesn't need quite that lift? It is my sort of daily driver (work from home and commute to the airport for longer drives on pavement).

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed

MC 2.5 GC is exactly what my buddy running a '20 JLUR w/37s said. But I didn't want to take his advice only as maybe a 2dr w/35in doesn't need quite that lift? It is my sort of daily driver (work from home and commute to the airport for longer drives on pavement).
It should drive/ride fine on the hwy. Lil stiffer than stock while empty but I want that when Im loaded with gear.

Reactions: J0E

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I used the Dynatrac 2" springs and their matched Fox shocks, which netted me exactly 2" and got rid of the slight reverse rake I had after adding the super heavy bumper/tire carrier. Added SteerSmarts Yeti track bar, drag link, tie rod, replaced/relocated the steering stabilizer using the Falcon adjustable, MOPAR 2" lift front LCAs, and also a Rancho rear track bar.

I may end up swapping the Rancho for a Yeti since that wasn't available when I put it all together.

The SteerSmarts stuff is rock solid, and IMHO this is an advantage of this approach vs having to compromise on certain components just because they are part of a complete kit. I'd much rather have the Yeti track bars than anything that would have come with another kit.

And before someone says something about how Dynatrac doesn't recommend their lift kit on a 2-door, please don't bother. I don't care. Dynatrac is just covering their asses since they didn't actually test it on a 2-door, but it's just springs and shocks so you decide for yourself.

IMG_0012.jpeg
Great looking rig.

Good choice of lift and wheels. I got the matching set but I wrapped them with 37s.
I added a 1/2 spacer to the Danatrac 2"lift to get it exactly where I wanted it.
If I moved back to 35s I would remove the spacers.
Also in regards to weight
my 2 door JL Rubicon weights more than a 4 door JL sport and about the same as the 4 door Sahara... so it can't be a weight issue, and some of that weight is from my heavier rear dana44 rubicon axle when compared to the JLUs... so the weight balance shouldn't be an issue 🤔
So I think its mainly a CYA testing issue...

Anywho, based on prior experience I also added teraflex adjustable rear LCA to extend the wheelbase plus longer front LCA, also added adjustable trackbars front/rear to keep everything solid and square. Also added rock protection underneath which adds some center weight.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 20220330_140921

Last edited:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Great looking rig.

Good choice of lift and wheels. I got the matching set but I wrapped them with 37s.
I added a 1/2 spacer to the Danatrac 2"lift to get it exactly where I wanted it.
If I moved back to 35s I would remove the spacers.
Also in regards to weight
my 2 door JL Rubicon weights more than a 4 door JL sport and about the same as the 4 door Sahara... so it can't be a weight issue, and some of that weight is from my heavier rear dana44 rubicon axle when compared to the JLUs... so the weight balance shouldn't be an issue 🤔
So I think its mainly a CYA testing issue...

Anywho, based on prior experience I also added teraflex adjustable rear LCA to extend the wheelbase plus longer front LCA, also added adjustable trackbars front/rear to keep everything solid and square. Also added rock protection underneath which adds some center weight.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2dr Rubicon lifts... what say you? 20220330_140921
I thought adjustable control arms in the rear should be the uppers. Your rear tire looks to be pushed back further away from center of the fender.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I thought adjustable control arms in the rear should be the uppers. Your rear tire looks to be pushed back further away from center of the fender.
Might be the pic angle but it is now centered again. The rear LCA centers the axle in the fender and the uppers rotate the axle angle.