Sponsored

2Dr Rubi is on it's way !

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
My Dealer; Mark Gusman has been GREAT ! I have not understood how the whole tracking thing has worked, but he has provided me updates as often as I have requested them.

Today's Update:

We are getting close. It is currently in Oklahoma City, OK and the tracker is showing it should be arriving in Pearland on about August 2. It usually takes 2-4 days from that point to arrive to the dealership.

Mark Gusman
Internet Manager

River Oaks Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
4807 Kirby Drive
Houston, TX 77098

www.riveroakscars.co
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I hope it comes quick for you. My 2 door Rubicon is sitting on a lot 20 miles from me waiting to be delivered to the dealer. It arrived to my area last Wednesday.

OP
OP
iznthesky

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
It should not take that much longer. I know my dealer said 2 to 4 days after it gets here, but I know (and understand) that it probably means 2 to 4 WORKING days. That gives them a week...after it arrives here in Houston.

As for your Rubicon, Sounds similar. You lucky to have yours delivered to your area. The wait is the only thing holding preventing you from receiving your New Jeep. There are many others who simply "Don't Know" the status of their build.....now that is frustrating.

For me though, while I wait, I have already ordered the slush mats and the infotainment screen protector and I am making an appointment to have the windows tinted. I am still driving my Jeep TJ...and enjoying jeep life.

Ordered mine: 6/21/18. 07/10/18 went into D1 status. Expecting delivery Next week or soon after.

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
It should not take that much longer. I know my dealer said 2 to 4 days after it gets here, but I know (and understand) that it probably means 2 to 4 WORKING days. That gives them a week...after it arrives here in Houston.

As for your Rubicon, Sounds similar. You lucky to have yours delivered to your area. The wait is the only thing holding preventing you from receiving your New Jeep. There are many others who simply "Don't Know" the status of their build.....now that is frustrating.

For me though, while I wait, I have already ordered the slush mats and the infotainment screen protector and I am making an appointment to have the windows tinted. I am still driving my Jeep TJ...and enjoying jeep life.

Ordered mine: 6/21/18. 07/10/18 went into D1 status. Expecting delivery Next week or soon after.

Nice! What options if any?

OP
OP
iznthesky

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all

thanks. its so close....i am getting ready. I've got my red jeep logo floor mats, screen protector and a check list of items to go over when my dealer calls me. I've got my down payment, my insurance and my financing ready. Just need to see my new Ruby.
i ordered the following:

LED Lighting Group
Leather Seats,....and everything else that comes leather with it.
Premium Electronic Infotainment System Group with 8.4 inch Display
Steel Bumpers
I chose the 6 Speed Manual Trans because I love Manual Transmissions......though I have heard everyone Loves the new 8 speed auto.....even if it adds $2,000 to the price.

Freedom Hard Top, Black......an extra $ 1,000 for a color matching Top was OUT of the question !
Black Unpainted Fenders.....again...$650 for paint was not in the Budget....Plus I like the look of the Black on (Firecracker) Red color scheme.
I opted for the standard Rubicon wheels as I thought they looked far nicer than the optional black center wheels
All in all It listed for over $46K, but my dealers incentives brought the price to just over $40K.
Not ordered:
the cold weather group (I live in Houston), and
the safety group were Not ordered.
This Jeep will be taken through the woods in Hunting areas and it will get scratched up and hopefully will have to have the game animals parts rinsed out of it. It will be used for commuting and hunting and every scratch and chip should have a Great Memory behind it. I look at my present jeep and I smile knowing every scratch came from great times shared in the field with my sons while we were hunting or fishing. Jeep is not about how pretty it is....for me its the adventures that it takes us to...those times are priceless memories.

Edgar

Sponsored

OP
OP
iznthesky

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi has ARRIVED !
I was just notified by my Dealer that my Rubicon is at the Dealership.
Monday morning I will go in and Do the dreaded paperwork and happily afterwards glow in the happiness of a new vehicle. This is better than Romance.....you can buy a new Misstress every 4 or 5 years without attorney fees and alimony. I am already giddy thinking about it.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Rubi has ARRIVED !
I was just notified by my Dealer that my Rubicon is at the Dealership.
Monday morning I will go in and Do the dreaded paperwork and happily afterwards glow in the happiness of a new vehicle. This is better than Romance.....you can buy a new Misstress every 4 or 5 years without attorney fees and alimony. I am already giddy thinking about it.
Congrats. Mine is on a train still, nearing Oklahoma. Stoked!

OP
OP
iznthesky

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least yours is built I’m still waiting in D status![/QUOT

Patience, They are making these things like "Doritos" now. Sales are record breaking and both assembly lines (2 door & 4 door) are running as fast as they can assemble them. It has taken about 6 weeks to get mine and I am guessing that everyone else is getting theirs about the same time give or take a couple of weeks.....unless there is something special preventing its completion. For me though, I have been enjoying my Jeep TJ. Monday morning I will pick up my new Rubi and my beloved TJ will get a well deserved break. Unfortunately I am working out of town all weekend so..Rubi has to wait until I get back.

Hang in there, Time goes by much too quickly....especially the older you get and soon enough you will be wheeling in your Jeep.
Love the Ocean Blue color. What options did you order ?

Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Patience, They are making these things like "Doritos" now. Sales are record breaking and both assembly lines (2 door & 4 door) are running as fast as they can assemble them. It has taken about 6 weeks to get mine and I am guessing that everyone else is getting theirs about the same time give or take a couple of weeks.....unless there is something special preventing its completion. For me though, I have been enjoying my Jeep TJ. Monday morning I will pick up my new Rubi and my beloved TJ will get a well deserved break. Unfortunately I am working out of town all weekend so..Rubi has to wait until I get back.

Hang in there, Time goes by much too quickly....especially the older you get and soon enough you will be wheeling in your Jeep.
Love the Ocean Blue color. What options did you order ?
Led, tow, blk freedom, cold, infotainment, I think that is it

Is the quoting not working?

OP
OP
iznthesky

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my FireCracker-Rubi-Red Rubicon today. Wow What a difference. Since I daily drive a Jeep TJ, There is a WORLD of difference between the two jeeps. I will elaborate much more later and More pictures will follow. It was raining here in Houston today so I didn't take any pictures other than this one at River Oaks Jeep Dealership.
rubicon.png
Sponsored