Sponsored

2DR JL Very Bad News

2018JeepJLWTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK 2DR
Hey all. Been watching this thread closely since January, but never posted before. I ordered a 2DR JL 1st week of January, and like many of you have been wondering about when it’s going to be delivered. I have been looking forward to getting this jeep for years, I wanted it just as badly as anyone else. I went to the dealership this week and basically said if I don’t get answers I want to cancel the order. A few hours later I got a call from my dealership who spoke to their rep, who had connection with someone who works at the plant. Needless to say I cancelled my order.
No BS here. But do not expect your 2DR to arrive until OCTOBER. They will not start building until August. I can’t get into much more details, but you heard it here first. Never posted before, but felt like this should be known to everyone. People can call me out or whatever, but this is what I heard from a very legitimate source. Goodluck to all.
Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hey all. Been watching this thread closely since January, but never posted before. I ordered a 2DR JL 1st week of January, and like many of you have been wondering about when it’s going to be delivered. I have been looking forward to getting this jeep for years, I wanted it just as badly as anyone else. I went to the dealership this week and basically said if I don’t get answers I want to cancel the order. A few hours later I got a call from my dealership who spoke to their rep, who had connection with someone who works at the plant. Needless to say I cancelled my order.
No BS here. But do not expect your 2DR to arrive until OCTOBER. They will not start building until August. I can’t get into much more details, but you heard it here first. Never posted before, but felt like this should be known to everyone. People can call me out or whatever, but this is what I heard from a very legitimate source. Goodluck to all.
Troll?

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I would totally trust a random person on the Internet who spoke to a car dealer who spoke to a rep that “knows a guy” at the plant.
The amount of people that "know a guy" "high up" at FCA with "insider information" here is hilarious.

I guess everybody wants to be important.

OP
OP

2018JeepJLWTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK 2DR
I really have zero to gain from this. Made a forum account about 45 minutes ago. Just giving fellow 2DR fans some intel. If you don’t believe me that’s fine, but I’m just telling you what I was told. I have since cancelled my JL 2DR order. I live in MA, and if I didn’t have my JL for the start of the summer the 2018 simply wasn’t worth it for me. Take my intel with a grain of salt. Things could always change. Isnt that what this forum is for? To share news about the JL? I hope it’s not true, but I wanted a JL by June the latest. And when I was told they were going to start building them in August it was an easy decision for me. Again best of luck to all.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I really have zero to gain from this. Made a forum account about 45 minutes ago. Just giving fellow 2DR fans some intel. If you don’t believe me that’s fine, but I’m just telling you what I was told. I have since cancelled my JL 2DR order. I live in MA, and if I didn’t have my JL for the start of the summer the 2018 simply wasn’t worth it for me. Take my intel with a grain of salt. Things could always change. Isnt that what this forum is for? To share news about the JL? I hope it’s not true, but I wanted a JL by June the latest. And when I was told they were going to start building them in August it was an easy decision for me. Again best of luck to all.
heres a cookie.

1510756771216.png

Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I call shenanigans.

I number of 2drs are in D1 (all parts received) on the tracking sheet.

1 2dr Sport is in JB (mean it has been built).

So... you’re either trolling or got bad info. Either way the intel is wrong.

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Man, you canceled your order because you couldn’t get information from your dealer and you didn’t think to use the resources for tracking your order from this website first? All those years of waiting then you ordered in January, you’ve been on this site since then and you didn’t think to use the tracking sheet here? Sorry but the story doesn’t add up or I’m sorry but I think you’ve made a huge mistake in canceling your order.

OP
OP

2018JeepJLWTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK 2DR
No i cancelled it because my dealer told me that they aren’t going to start building them until August, and wouldn’t expect a delivery til late September or October. My dealer was extremely honest with me, and gave me back my deposit.