2DR JL Very Bad News

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Well, it may or may not be correct information you received. Either way, personally, although this has been a roller coaster, i’m in. For me is not about this summer only, but the next one, and the next. I am planning to keep this baby for many years to come. I am waiting for the deliveries to start, whenever it will be, and til then, we’ll, I just wait.
Sponsored

GOCDragoon

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon 2018
Just a thought ... this is the third factory order I've done. The other two before this were also for 2-door Rubicons at the beginning of model years. In both cases there was a considerable wait time but the reward was well worth it and the quality of the vehicles outstanding. I got incredible value on the trade in of both. The big difference is that I was not connected to trackers, forums etc and I think that the constant attention to them actually amps up the anxiety that so many here seem to have. You have this 'instant reward' attitude built up by the constant engagement on the latest 'news'. Your Jeep will come, it will be great, it will be unique and guess what - with vehicles like this it takes time. If you don't like that ... well you likely belong in a Ford or something like regular people. Final thought; beating up the folks who answer the phone or chats and are there doing their best to pass on info to you is frankly acting like an ASS.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
But what about the photo posted from the guy who knows a guy in the plant of the 2 door models moving down the rack?

Dude you messed up!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
But what about the photo posted from the guy who knows a guy in the plant of the 2 door models moving down the rack?

Dude you messed up!
You’re provingGOCDragon’s point! We ARE driving each other crazy (myself included at times). I read the posts, ok? It does increase anxiety.
So what I’m going to do (along with reading posts lol) is read the manuals FatBoy suggested. And more importantly, I’ll research places where I can actually learn to drive Jasper (this will be his name), since this will be my first wrangler.
So btw, any suggestions on classes? Don’t laugh! I’m taking my rec time seriously!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I will gain some sanity ONLY WHEN I see pictures of actual production 2dr JLs being delivered to members on this forum - have I missed those photos to date?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I saw a 2-dr JL drive past me in a parking lot back on 5 April in Arlington, VA. That was the same day my wife picked up her JLU Sahara at Koons in Tyson, VA. 2-dr JLs are not unicorns.

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I saw a 2-dr JL drive past me in a parking lot back on 5 April in Arlington, VA. That was the same day my wife picked up her JLU Sahara at Koons in Tyson, VA. 2-dr JLs are not unicorns.
I believe you but not a production 2 dr - maybe a pre-production press vehicle?

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Please note at 3:37 the Michigan "Manufacturer" plates - it s a pre-production Wrangler made just for media reviews, etc. NONE to real people yet for ownership. That is the problem - NOT A SINGLE ONE delivered to a customer. Not one. So very depressing. #IHATEFCA

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen a couple places post that all production had come to a stop. But with all the smoke and mirrors who knows.