MakaiJL

First Name
Ks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, hopefully a 2018 Rubi JL soon
Hello everyone. TIA for reading.

I have never purchased a new vehicle but am hoping to buy a 2dr JL. I am having a hard time understanding what price I should offer. MSRP is 45k but I think invoice is 38k. Dealer is asking 42k. I know the rubis are more money but I feel If I offered 36k they might laugh at me. I have attached window sticker.

1C60D0EC-8FF3-4DED-9772-47E94B30044F.png
Sponsored

tnjrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JL Rubi

I have never purchased a new vehicle but am hoping to buy a 2dr JL. I am having a hard time understanding what price I should offer. MSRP is 45k but I think invoice is 38k. Dealer is asking 42k. I know the rubis are more money but I feel If I offered 36k they might laugh at me. I have attached window sticker.

It's harder to get under invoice for a vehicle off the lot. The dealer has already incurred costs to carry that vehicle until someone buys it. Having said that, there is a sheet Jay posted in one of the stickied threads here that you can you to figure out invoice. I

I wouldn't think you'd be able to get them under invoice but should be able to get it for 40k.

If time isn't a big deal...wait for the 19s and order one...you'll save money. IF time does matter, you have to decide what the vehicle is worth to you.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

If you go here https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Jeep/Wrangler/Rubicon-4x4/Pricing and click Options (add) you can add the options and see MSRP and invoice price.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Take a look at this thread. Keep in mind, it may not reflect new price changes, but will get you very close. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-price-w-invoice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/

Based on this information, I'm calculating invoice to be roughly $43,575 (which includes the destination charges). If the dealer honors Tread Lightly, and you are a member (you have to be a member for 30 days to get the 1% under invoice discount), and you get what many of the good dealers are discounting...which is 5-6% below invoice...a fair price would be $40,800 plus tax, title and dealer fees. If not a member of tread lightly, around $41,400 + taxes, title, and fees would be a fair offer. Watch the dealer fees...many have high ones. So calculate what it would cost to travel somewhere else, and see if you do better by going with a dealer with lower fees. If I were you, I would also look at this thread :https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/
It has the dealers offering the best pricing in the country. Get a deal from one of them, and take it to your local dealer. If they won't match, go with one of the dealers in the recommended dealer thread.

Just my opinion

Keep in mind, dealers are charging a premium for 2 doors. Don't fall into that trap. Shop the preferred dealers (I would recommend Tri-City in Eden...Travis).

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One other note...if the dealer is offering $42K out the door....I say that is a great price. If that $42K does not include destination, dealer doc fees, taxes and title....they would need to do better. You can offer 36K....but I would be floored if they didn't respond with "are you serious, Clark?" :)

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go here https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2018/Jeep/Wrangler/Rubicon-4x4/Pricing and click Options (add) you can add the options and see MSRP and invoice price.
The option pricing looks right on the NADA link...however...I'm not sure their base price is right. It looks like it includes destination, and everything I have seen, including the sticker above, the pricing I received when I bought mine, and pricing on this forum, the destination is NOT included in the base price and is its own line item. NADA for some reason has it included.

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
No way, you're getting that rubicon for 36k. I purchased two JLs (one being a Rubicon) and got 12.1% under MSRP which works out to be roughly 6% under invoice. Both were on the dealers lot.

I'd offer $39k, with hopes of getting it for $40-41k.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Take a look at this thread. Keep in mind, it may not reflect new price changes, but will get you very close. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-price-w-invoice-sport-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/

Based on this information, I'm calculating invoice to be roughly $43,575 (which includes the destination charges). If the dealer honors Tread Lightly, and you are a member (you have to be a member for 30 days to get the 1% under invoice discount), and you get what many of the good dealers are discounting...which is 5-6% below invoice...a fair price would be $40,800 plus tax, title and dealer fees. If not a member of tread lightly, around $41,400 + taxes, title, and fees would be a fair offer. Watch the dealer fees...many have high ones. So calculate what it would cost to travel somewhere else, and see if you do better by going with a dealer with lower fees. If I were you, I would also look at this thread :https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/
It has the dealers offering the best pricing in the country. Get a deal from one of them, and take it to your local dealer. If they won't match, go with one of the dealers in the recommended dealer thread.

Just my opinion

Keep in mind, dealers are charging a premium for 2 doors. Don't fall into that trap. Shop the preferred dealers (I would recommend Tri-City in Eden...Travis).
A week ago I purchased a 2 Door JL Sport off a dealer lot for 7.5% under invoice + $699 doc fee, and as a small incentive they included a “free” set of OEM all-weather floor mats.

Sticker price was a little more than $34,000.
Sponsored