Sponsored

2Dr JL order

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Not sure this is the right place for this but here goes.

Has anyone ordered a JL in the last month or so?
I see they added two new colors, High velocity and gobi but Snazzberry is still there... yeah the removal could have been missed
I know there is problems with the configurator but this is what interests me.
Looking at the engines I now can order either the ESS or the eTorque with an automatic. This had to be added.

So has anyone ordered a 3.6L NON eTorque auto JL?

Edit: forgot to add 3.6 V6
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dreamer854

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
911 Dispatcher
I ordered 3/11 and will have my jeep this coming week. I ordered the 2.0T engine with automatic transmission. Neither is eTorque.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2Dr JL order Screenshot_20220505-084635_Chrome
Jeep Wrangler JL 2Dr JL order Screenshot_20220505-084457_Chrome

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I haven't ordered in the last month. But when I ordered in Sept '21, I was able to get the 3.6 ESS with auto even tho it wasn't available on the configurator.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Don't go by the online tool on Jeep. If you want to know the current available options for an order, check the order guides on the forum.

OP
OP

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
I ordered 3/11 and will have my jeep this coming week. I ordered the 2.0T engine with automatic transmission. Neither is eTorque.
Thanks, My bad I'm interested in the 3.6. In the past as soon as I clicked auto it forced me to make an engine change to eTorque.

Sponsored

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I ordered in April....4 door Willys. I was told that I couldn't get the 3.6 without e torque with the auto. I ended up going with the 2.0t as it was a $1700 difference to get the 3.6 e torque with auto vs the 2.0t.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Snazzberry is gone, I ordered in February and was too late for that.

Garry in AZ

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Rubicon, 3 pedal club.
Occupation
Engineering
On 4/14 I ordered (or attempted to order) a 2 door Willys with the standard (non-eTorque) V6 and an auto trans. After the order was submitted and Jeep released the POC and VIN, I saw they had switched the motor to the eTorque. I cancelled the order. Maybe I'm being foolish, but I have concerns about a big lithium ion battery sitting in my garage, not to mention the eventual replacement, etc. I tend to keep vehicles longer than most, certainly for more than 10 years.

Then on 4/28 I ordered a 2 door Rubicon with the non-eTorque V6, but was forced to choose the manual trans. I have not seen the POC and VIN for this order yet, so I don't know what's going to actually happen. If this order doesn't get built as I spec'd it, I might just wait for the 2023's, or buy another Tacoma.

I know for sure that for the remainder of the 2022 models, you cannot get the auto trans and the V6, unless it's the eTorque version. Now I see a thread where you can't get the V6 at all, only the 2.0 turbo or the diesel, and another thread saying you can't get a manual at all in a Rubicon for the rest of the year.

OP
OP

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
On 4/14 I ordered (or attempted to order) a 2 door Willys with the standard (non-eTorque) V6 and an auto trans. After the order was submitted and Jeep released the POC and VIN, I saw they had switched the motor to the eTorque. I cancelled the order. Maybe I'm being foolish, but I have concerns about a big lithium ion battery sitting in my garage, not to mention the eventual replacement, etc. I tend to keep vehicles longer than most, certainly for more than 10 years.

Then on 4/28 I ordered a 2 door Rubicon with the non-eTorque V6, but was forced to choose the manual trans. I have not seen the POC and VIN for this order yet, so I don't know what's going to actually happen. If this order doesn't get built as I spec'd it, I might just wait for the 2023's, or buy another Tacoma.

I know for sure that for the remainder of the 2022 models, you cannot get the auto trans and the V6, unless it's the eTorque version. Now I see a thread where you can't get the V6 at all, only the 2.0 turbo or the diesel, and another thread saying you can't get a manual at all in a Rubicon for the rest of the year.
Its kind of strange that someone added it to the configurator in the last month when you couldnt order it for over a year.

Ill have it a while and dont want that battery either.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
idk much about e-torque. But the 3.6 ESS is annoying af. If you are not driving the Jeep often over high distances, but you drive mostly on city, the small battery just drains itself and doesnt have time to recharge. Then it eats power from the main, so you need to plug the Jeep on a battery maintainer.

The whole ESS systems seems half assed. You can deactivate the ESS electronically with a tazer or through other means. but you'll still have to maintain the little battery.

The ESS battery is REALLY small. Like 12 Ah or something like that. You can always remove the small battery and just run with the main which I've been considering doing myself honestly. My aux battery went bad just after a year and a half. Really annoying Jeep put this thing in.

I'd suggest you get the towing package so you get the bigger alternator and a bigger main battery.

I am looking into genesis system or just trashing the small battery. Might go with the second. When I see the price of genesis system all I can think is money towards a regear and rear locker for my Jeep. I honestly rather have a strong AGM single battery and I can carry a lithium or lifepo4 with me to power stuff for half the price or the genesis system.

Anyway. Just for you to know the 3.6 ESS system is pretty crappy imo.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
The whole ESS systems seems half assed.
You're right, and I don't care for any of the systems out there. Nothing like being on an eight lane road with traffic lights every 1000 feet. Every light you have 11 cars around and at least 8 will have some kind of ESS... they sound terrible!

I've read horror stories and battles about which system is better but, I can work with or around the ESS and its lawn mower battery. The eTorque on the other hand I can't remove without major reconstruction and probably a lot of error codes that will never go away.

What makes me laugh is back when I started working on engines, lawn mowers and such... there was always someone that would say "you know it takes more gas to get it started then it does to run" (and yes I understand carburetors, chokes, sticking chokes, engine management systems and EFI). Funny you heard it all the time, they acted like it took 3/4 tank to start it.... now you can't get away from it,.. how wasteful. LOL

Last edited:

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I hate the stupid ESS. You’ll never convince me that not taking a toll on the start, much less the battery issue. If they “had” to have it why not just use the Mai battery like cars have done for over 100 yrs?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I hate the stupid ESS. You’ll never convince me that not taking a toll on the start, much less the battery issue. If they “had” to have it why not just use the Mai battery like cars have done for over 100 yrs?
At least it gives you another reason to buy a Tazer :)
So glad I have one :)

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
At least it gives you another reason to buy a Tazer :)
So glad I have one :)
Ditto. What's worse than the ESS is the stupid auto park with the auto trans. Try backing up with the door ajar. It feels like you hit a pole. I'll stick with my manual.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ditto. What's worse than the ESS is the stupid auto park with the auto trans. Try backing up with the door ajar. It feels like you hit a pole. I'll stick with my manual.
Yeah, the nannies can be annoying, and I'm a manual guy over the years, but this AT is the best if you can live without rowing your own. I'm ok with that at his point in my life :)
Sponsored