First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlr
Occupation
Nurse
Next weekend I am going with the mopar 2” lift on my rubicon. Any feedback on how the manual 6 speeds are doing with 37” tires?

I am concerned because my JK with 35” and 3.73 turned in to a dog and had to regear. I read all the threads about how great the new automatic is with 37s.

This is probably a thread someplace else but I couldn’t find it. Any advice or link to the right thread would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Next weekend I am going with the mopar 2” lift on my rubicon. Any feedback on how the manual 6 speeds are doing with 37” tires?

I am concerned because my JK with 35” and 3.73 turned in to a dog and had to regear. I read all the threads about how great the new automatic is with 37s.

This is probably a thread someplace else but I couldn’t find it. Any advice or link to the right thread would be greatly appreciated.
Gears 1-5 with 37's are still very responsive and I hardly notice a difference. I judge my drive-ability based on the Tachometer. IMO the best cruising speed for the jeep (in any given gear) is between 1800-2500 rpm. I rarely use 6th gear except for totally flat, non windy days and mostly interstate. I will eventually re-gear but compared to my JK with 3:21 and 35's it's night and day.
As a side note don't forget to play with the air pressure on your 37's. 28-32 cold is the sweet spot. I run at 30 psi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skrimshaw

Skrimshaw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlr
Occupation
Nurse
Thank you for the reply. I am still thinking about 35 vs 37. Being that I live in Florida, I don’t need 37s except for looks.
Sponsored