Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Hey all, Could somebody do me a great favor, get under your stock jeep and measure your shock's length eye to eye, front and rear. I am trying to spec a 1 inch lift for my sport on Rubi suspension. I am looking at the "teraflex 1.5 inch lift" it has a 1 inch spacer for the front and 1.5 inch for the rear. So it supposedly lifts the 2 door 1 inch. Teraflex argues the 2 doors have inverted rake and need the extra 1/2 inch on the rear. The thing is, I really can't see this myself. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But my Jeep looks leveled to me. My other option is to go with 1/2 inch tera spacers and stack them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hey all, Could somebody do me a great favor, get under your stock jeep and measure your shock's length eye to eye, front and rear. I am trying to spec a 1 inch lift for my sport on Rubi suspension. I am looking at the "teraflex 1.5 inch lift" it has a 1 inch spacer for the front and 1.5 inch for the rear. So it supposedly lifts the 2 door 1 inch. Teraflex argues the 2 doors have inverted rake and need the extra 1/2 inch on the rear. The thing is, I really can't see this myself. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But my Jeep looks leveled to me. My other option is to go with 1/2 inch tera spacers and stack them.
All JLs seem to sit a little different depending on year/trim/options. My JLR was very high in the front, but after adding a winch it is what I would consider level.

I wouldn't trust what Taraflex says is typical. Order what you want.

From what I've gathered, here's the shock eye-to-eye lengths:
Sport = 18.5" front, 21.25" rear
Rubicon = 20.0" front, 22.5" rear
392, Xtreme Recon, & Mojave (front) = 21.0" front , 24" rear

Note that the rear shock length is not 1:1 with the ride height. It varies from about 1.3:1 at lower heights, to 1.1:1 when fully drooped.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
All JLs seem to sit a little different depending on year/trim/options. My JLR was very high in the front, but after adding a winch it is what I would consider level.

Note that the rear shock length is not 1:1 with the ride height. It varies from about 1.3:1 at lower heights, to 1.1:1 when fully drooped.
Thanks this helps a lot. I have 21 up front and 22 rear. Interesting how I got over 2 inches of lift on the front but the rear is half inch lower than usual. I am wondering if I should even put a spacer on the front. At 21 inches it is already 1 inch higher. So itd make sense to throw 1.5 inches on the rear to bump it to 23.5. If I got 1 inch up front thats gonna bump me to 22, and that'd technically be a 2 inch lift.

It is funny though because the Jeep doesnt really look like it is short on the rear.

I am gonna have to get spacers and cycle the suspension I guess.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks this helps a lot. I have 21 up front and 22 rear. Interesting how I got over 2 inches of lift on the front but the rear is half inch lower than usual. I am wondering if I should even put a spacer on the front. At 21 inches it is already 1 inch higher. So itd make sense to throw 1.5 inches on the rear to bump it to 23.5. If I got 1 inch up front thats gonna bump me to 22, and that'd technically be a 2 inch lift.

It is funny though because the Jeep doesnt really look like it is short on the rear.

I am gonna have to get spacers and cycle the suspension I guess.
Mine is 21 front & 22 rear too. I have a 3/4" spacer in front but I have 180 lbs of bumper and winch, so it's basically the same as it was prior to adding the spacer when I was only running my plastic bumper and no winch.

JLP10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Employed
ITS MY UNDERSTANDING the RUBICON front fenders are mounted higer than other models and that makes it look higher in the front

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
ITS MY UNDERSTANDING the RUBICON front fenders are mounted higer than other models and that makes it look higher in the front
Technically all fenders are mounted at the same spot. The Rubicon fenders are molded different so that the openings are higher.

In addition, the Rubicon's suspension is roughly 1.5" higher than a Sport (when measuring shock's eye-to-eye length at ride height).

JLP10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Employed
Just looked at pictures and I see what you mean. Just got this Jeep. Still learning. Had a 85 CJ-7 for 18 years and after that 07 until a few months Ago.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD

My 2021 2 door Willys Sport is 20" front and 22" rear....best I can tell!

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Have a look at the following information:

The vehicle suspension height should be measured before performing wheel alignment procedure. Also when front suspension components have been replaced. This measure must be performed with the vehicle supporting it's own weight and taken on both sides of the vehicle.

Front and rear heights are not adjustable. The spring selections at assembly determine height for acceptable appearance of the vehicle. The height dimensions assume full fluids and zero passengers.

Vehicle has to be in 2WD

FRONT

1. Bounce the front of the vehicle up and down at least five times.
  2. Measure and record the dimensions
  3. Measure the height from the center of the lower control arm rear bolt
  4. Measure the height from the center of the front wheel to the floor.
  5. Subtract the lower control arm bolt height from the wheel center height to get the front height.

REAR

1. On left and right side of the vehicle, measure the height from the center of the lower control arm front bolt to the floor
  2. Measure the height from the center of the rear wheel to the floor
  3. Subtract the lower control arm bolt height from the wheel center height to get the rear height.

The Rubicon 2 door should have the following measurements:

Front 36mm +- 12mm // 1.42inch +- 0.47 inch
Rear 51mm +-12mm // 2.01inch +- 0.47 inch
Sponsored