Sponsored

295/70r18 on stock 80th anniversary wheels. Will I need spacers?

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Getting ready to start gathering parts for my wife’s new 80th. Going with a 2.5 inch spacers loft and 295/70r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Will the 295s fit without rubbing on the street or will I need to spacer them out?
Sponsored

Stl_JLU

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler High Altitude
Getting ready to start gathering parts for my wife’s new 80th. Going with a 2.5 inch spacers loft and 295/70r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Will the 295s fit without rubbing on the street or will I need to spacer them out?
If you run this setup please report back how it is working out. I’d like to see that!

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker
how did this work out did you have any rubbing? did you have to use spacers? getting ready to put 295/70r18 falken wildpeak at3 in my stock wheels sahara altitude with mopar lift.

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
If you run this setup please report back how it is working out. I’d like to see that!
its working well. Fit with no wheel spacers and no rubbing on the street. Haven’t, and probably won’t, had it Offroad. The wheels and tires are tucked way under the fenders so if you like the wide look this isn’t for you
how did this work out did you have any rubbing? did you have to use spacers? getting ready to put 295/70r18 falken wildpeak at3 in my stock wheels sahara altitude with mopar lift.
no rubbing on the street, no spacers required. The wheels are tucked way under the fenders though so if you like the wide look you’ll need lower offset rims or spacers

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
My aggressive sidewall Baja Boss AT’s rubbed the lower control arms. Not enough to harm anything but has an easily audible noise and will rub paint off.

I ordered custom made Bora 1” black wheel spacers. Problem solved.

Sponsored

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
My aggressive sidewall Baja Boss AT’s rubbed the lower control arms. Not enough to harm anything but has an easily audible noise and will rub paint off.

I ordered custom made Bora 1” black wheel spacers. Problem solved.
Our motto terra grapplers have smooth sidewalls so we don’t rub. I’m thinking about 1.25 inch spacers to move the tires out a little though for purely looks. Wife likes how my tires on my Gladiator poke out

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Our motto terra grapplers have smooth sidewalls so we don’t rub. I’m thinking about 1.25 inch spacers to move the tires out a little though for purely looks. Wife likes how my tires on my Gladiator poke out
Personally, I like a muscle car etc look. I’ll only go as far as the sidewalls themselves bulging past the fenders. There’s still decent tree protection for the fenders doing that with the level of obstacles and terrain we’ll traverse. 1” spacer on standard width axles but with Rubicon fenders does that perfectly with the 295’s. Basically, that is a stock Rubicon setup on 295’s with 1/4” extra poke on each side. Subtle.
Sponsored