evilmonkey36

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited sport s
Hey all
So after much research I've pulled the trigger on some milestar Patagonia MT 295/70/r17's. I will be putting them on stock sport wheels.
concerns:
1. I've seen people put 315's on these stock 7.5 inch wheels, but the company says 8.5 wheel width recommended. am I going to have any problems with this?
2. I've seen mixed reports on rubbing with this setup. Should I go ahead and buy some wheel spacers just in case the installer needs them?
I plan on doing a 2.5 inch lift but will be a couple months from now.
Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hey all
So after much research I've pulled the trigger on some milestar Patagonia MT 295/70/r17's. I will be putting them on stock sport wheels.
concerns:
1. I've seen people put 315's on these stock 7.5 inch wheels, but the company says 8.5 wheel width recommended. am I going to have any problems with this?
2. I've seen mixed reports on rubbing with this setup. Should I go ahead and buy some wheel spacers just in case the installer needs them?
I plan on doing a 2.5 inch lift but will be a couple months from now.
Great looking tire. Check with Patagonia and make sure that installing these tires on a 7.5" width wheel, whenever they recommend 8.5", does not void your warranty on the tire or relieve them from any consequential damages should the tire fail and cause you to wreck the Jeep. Please post what you find out.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
1) The width should okay on the stock rim. I don't know why Milestar doesn't specify it, but tire companies typically give an "approved rim width". For some reason they are only showing the "tested" rim width. While looking at the same size tires I was seeing an approved rim width of 7.5" - 10" (specifically the Cooper STT Pro that I was considering). Since it's the same size tire it would likely have the same approved rim width.

2) I don't think you'll need them, but you could always return them if they're not needed. I'm running a 34's too (285/75/17) and I've go no issues with rubbing at all. Although it's worth mentioning that I've also got a 2" lift. However, any rubbing you may have would likely be insignificant on surface streets. If you need the spacers before the lift, it would likely only be a factor of rough terrain.

OP
OP

evilmonkey36

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited sport s
1) The width should okay on the stock rim. I don't know why Milestar doesn't specify it, but tire companies typically give an "approved rim width". For some reason they are only showing the "tested" rim width. While looking at the same size tires I was seeing an approved rim width of 7.5" - 10" (specifically the Cooper STT Pro that I was considering). Since it's the same size tire it would likely have the same approved rim width.

2) I don't think you'll need them, but you could always return them if they're not needed. I'm running a 34's too (285/75/17) and I've go no issues with rubbing at all. Although it's worth mentioning that I've also got a 2" lift. However, any rubbing you may have would likely be insignificant on surface streets. If you need the spacers before the lift, it would likely only be a factor of rough terrain.
that was my thought. just order some prime on amazon and return them if not needed.
yeah thats why I was confused with milestar, just about every tire I've seen in this size says 7.5-10 inch wheel. but not from them. glad to hear that it "should work"
I've actually removed the front euro splash guards and I am cutting them to cover the fog lights at the moment. that seems like it will help a lot with any rubbing issues.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I just had a thought about the rubbing. If the concern is rubbing the control arm, the lift won't help that unless it also replaces the control arm. In which case you'd need the spacer or limiter to remedy rubbing. This would only be an issue when turning really sharp so not something that would prevent you from driving it home without them.

The Patagonia will be 33.5 x 11.4 on a 7.5" rim.
My KM2 are 33.9 x 11.1 (also on 7.5" rims).

Your tire will be about 1/4" wider and 3/8" smaller diameter than mine. My tires are very close to the LCA's, which were also replaced by my lift. You may want to consider a very small spacer (10mm or so) just in case it hits the LCA.

I posted a thread on 34's on stock tires when I did it link
Here's a photo of my tire and LCA with the wheel turned to full lock.
km2-clearance-3-resize-jpg.jpg

OP
OP

evilmonkey36

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited sport s
I just had a thought about the rubbing. If the concern is rubbing the control arm, the lift won't help that unless it also replaces the control arm. In which case you'd need the spacer or limiter to remedy rubbing. This would only be an issue when turning really sharp so not something that would prevent you from driving it home without them.

The Patagonia will be 33.5 x 11.4 on a 7.5" rim.
My KM2 are 33.9 x 11.1 (also on 7.5" rims).

Your tire will be about 1/4" wider and 3/8" smaller diameter than mine. My tires are very close to the LCA's, which were also replaced by my lift. You may want to consider a very small spacer (10mm or so) just in case it hits the LCA.

I posted a thread on 34's on stock tires when I did it link
Here's a photo of my tire and LCA with the wheel turned to full lock.
km2-clearance-3-resize-jpg.jpg
ok thanks. going to order right now
Sponsored