Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2016 Porsche Macan Turbo
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone taken delivery of a 20 or 21 JL Rubicon with standard BFG 285x70x17 OWL and can verify C Load? I chose the OWL (vs BSW) in my build and looking on BFG website, it shows it has an E Load. If that’s true, it really needs to be noted on Jeep’s build website
thanks for any input here
Sponsored

Jeremynolan94

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys Sport 6spd, 1973 Volvo 1800ES
I realize this is an old thread but I was wondering the same thing and haven't found a conclusive answer. I'd love to find some Rubicon take-offs with the OWL sidewalls, but can't find if they're C or E load. It doesn't look like there are many (if any) options nowadays for OWL tires in a C load tire, but a few that are E load.

All that being said, how big of a difference in ride quality and off-road driving could I expect if I went for an E load tire? My Willys is my daily but I do a lot of overlanding on the weekends around Southern California. I love the look of KO2s and General Grabbers with the OWL but again, they're only E load that I can see.

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s been a while since I had the original tires on, but if I remember correctly, BSW and OWL tires are the exact same tires but simply mounted to show one side or the other displayed on the outside. They are BSW on one side and OWL on the other and you simply mount them on the wheel with your preferred look on the side facing out.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
It’s been a while since I had the original tires on, but if I remember correctly, BSW and OWL tires are the exact same tires but simply mounted to show one side or the other displayed on the outside. They are BSW on one side and OWL on the other and you simply mount them on the wheel with your preferred look on the side facing out.
You do remember correctly - at least as recently as my old '23 JLUR built in August last year. Same tire, they just mounted the tires with the white lettering facing outwards vs inwards for OWL vs BSW. I could swear mine were C-rated, by the way, but am not 100% sure. My current ATx's are E's and they're completely fine to me, FWIW.
Sponsored