First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
Aren't all stock wheels have same specs? I'm guessing not all wranglers are identical and maybe the tailgate wasn't aligned properly from the factory or the rear bumper was installed slightly to the passenger side.
No idea actually, just a guess. How do your E rated KO2s ride? Are they jittery at all over bumps? I ended up going with Coopers and love them so far.
Sponsored

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I just did this tire size as well to my JL Willys and it seems I've got a little bit extra fender well room. According to my build sheet, I have 'standard' suspension (same as Sport/Sport S), but I do have red struts (assuming the same as the Rubi). When I go in for my first oil change, I'll ask them what the replacement part numbers would be to figure out some final truth.

All that being said, I love this tire size and don't really feel like I'll do much of a lift, if any.

Jeep Wrangler JL 285/75/r17 on stock JL Sport AEA8DB82-1632-40C5-8B4F-2E87404C121D

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Yeah, I think the willys comes with Rubicon shocks/springs

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
No idea actually, just a guess. How do your E rated KO2s ride? Are they jittery at all over bumps? I ended up going with Coopers and love them so far.
Sorry I missed your post. I like E rated KO2s. It's not too bad than I expected. I'm running 30psi cold.

Sponsored

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Loving my new 285/75r17 Toyo AT3s. This thread was a help deciding. Yeah, I could have gone bigger but these seem just right.
Jeep Wrangler JL 285/75/r17 on stock JL Sport NewJee
Looks good. What shocks do you have?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yeah, I think the willys comes with Rubicon shocks/springs
Heard a couple conflicting posts on this, but from the pics of @cptchunk it appears to be very similar to my Rubicon swap lift on my Sport S. It sure doesn't look like a stock Sport suspension.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loving my new 285/75r17 Toyo AT3s. This thread was a help deciding. Yeah, I could have gone bigger but these seem just right.
Jeep Wrangler JL 285/75/r17 on stock JL Sport NewJee
Awesome setup, nice choice w/ the tires, and those wheels look made for that JL!

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Heard a couple conflicting posts on this, but from the pics of @cptchunk it appears to be very similar to my Rubicon swap lift on my Sport S. It sure doesn't look like a stock Sport suspension.
Yep, the build sheet completely conflicts what I'm seeing. I tried to ask around to get to the bottom of it between people's experiences and FCA, but no one was ever 100% sure. I'm due for an oil change soon enough and I'll try and get some answers from the parts department on the official OE replacement P/Ns.

Better yet, I've been silently stalking @DavidRam and saw he put a Rubi suspension (with some diff struts) and I swear it's nearly the same clearance. He put measurements in another thread and I'm going to go out and measure my fender-to-ground clearance and see if we're not within spitting distance of each other. Different wheel, but same tire, so I expect some margin of error.

Sponsored

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
Yep, the build sheet completely conflicts what I'm seeing. I tried to ask around to get to the bottom of it between people's experiences and FCA, but no one was ever 100% sure. I'm due for an oil change soon enough and I'll try and get some answers from the parts department on the official OE replacement P/Ns.

Better yet, I've been silently stalking @DavidRam and saw he put a Rubi suspension (with some diff struts) and I swear it's nearly the same clearance. He put measurements in another thread and I'm going to go out and measure my fender-to-ground clearance and see if we're not within spitting distance of each other. Different wheel, but same tire, so I expect some margin of error.
Lol. Keep in mind I have a lot of extra weight in the trunk, about 120lbs... Which is why I went up one set of part numbers in the rear, and it's still lower than the front.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Might be able to get under your Jeep and find the coil part #s, the tags are pretty easy to get to :)

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Might be able to get under your Jeep and find the coil part #s, the tags are pretty easy to get to :)
Now that you say it, I feel lazy :p. I think I was definitely under the impression those weren't on there from the factory and maybe only stamped on. The red struts were easy enough to see...*sigh*

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
I have some rubicon springs sitting in a box ready to go. I've been going back and fourth on the right shocks. Cant decide if I want some rubicon take off shocks or if I want to upgrade to a fox 2.0 or something.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I do really enjoy the suspension. I felt that it was a little 'soft' at first, but after going from the OEM MT2s to the Nitto RGs, I got some confidence back on the windy roads.

I always suspected it was more suspension than tire after testing different PSIs, but I can now happily say that it wasn't 100% of the culprit. I say try 'em out since you already have them and it seems easy enough to swap out if you don't.

The shop that put on my tires, they told me to drive their JK with a Teraflex (and Falcon 2.1s) on it and man that was a stiff ride. I definitely see why people complain about it now. I'm hoping to get to ride in a few different rigs with different suspension before I think about making any plunges.
Sponsored