Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Been researching this wheel tire thing for months. Finally made a decision and had the wheels/tires put on a few days ago.

Went with 285/70R/17 Nitto Ridge Grappler TNI0217710 and the Mopar 77072472AB Gladiator Silver Wheel.

First few observations, The wheels/tires do weigh more than stock so did notice a slight lose in pick up and breaking. Small but noticeable. The tire is very quiet and on level with the stock tire. I made it up to 70 mph and noticed a slight hum but the wind noise on a soft top is really what you hear. My wife said she could not tell any difference. So with a pretty aggressive tread, it is quiet. The air pressure is 36psi cold and the ride is stiffer. I am going to 32psi to see if that softens the ride. No rubbing but have not tried any off road stuff. The tires stick outside the fenders about an 1.5". The reverse camera does pick up part of the wheel. There is a small ring, part of the wheel, at the bottom of the view screen. The stock tailgate bumpers do not make contact now and about a 1/2" short. I ordered the JK bumpers and will cut them down some.

Just let the dealer handle everything. They did the V41 steering damper recall. My steering has been great and there is no change after replacing the steering damper. They had a tire sale and I bought 4 tires at $220 and the 5th tire was $1. The wheels were $220. Did the 4 wheel alignment and reprogram. The dealer did a great job and even brought the old tires/wheels to my house so I did not have to put them in my Pilot. These guys are first class!

IMG_0050 (1).jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg
Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great I love the ridge grapplers if there load C you will have to run them around 34PSI if there load E you will have to run them around 26 to 28PSI:like:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I will let some air out today.

Thanks Brad..........may look into it. My wife is a sweet short little thing. She already has to climb up!

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Brad,

I am exactly in the same place in choosing 35" tires. I'm waffeling between the Nitto EVO Grappler ATM or the Goodyear Duratrac Ultraterrain AT's. I've been given very good advice to consider BFG KO2 as well. What was the primary reason you chose the Grapplers?

Also, I did just invest in the Mopar lift, dealership installed. I highly recommend it. Still evaluating and really need to wait until I get the new tires and wheels put on it, but really liking the new suspension look and feel so far. Plus, until my new wheels arrive (Fuel Ammo, Anthracite 17" -12 offset), I'll at least have this opportunity to evaluate this lift vs stock. However I'm enjoying everything about it so far on my stock wheels.

Really like the look of your setup, pretty close to what I'm shooting for.

Here are my before and after pics with the new lift:

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200320_175217_1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Jay,

I looked at Jeeps in parking lots and actual went up to drivers and would have conversations. There were no negative comments so I wanted to try something different. Several truck guys run these but have the LT tire. The 35" tire will be a LT tire. I got the non LT tire which will help on road performance and are lighter. I heard several comments on how well these do in the sand. Beach driving has ended for the season so I will not have any first hand intel until November or unless we take a ferry out to the banks to go fishing. I did get a little sandy when I took the pictures and they did good. I do like the aggressive sidewall pattern and they have been what I expected as far as road noise.

35's will look great on your jeep with the lift. -12 off set will stick out will stick out another .94". My wheels are +12 and the 285 sticks out past the fender about 1 1/2". Final thought, the look to me is worth the slight decrease in MPG and hum!

Our local Jeep dealer had tires on sale. Buy 3 and get one for $1. I bought 4 and got 1 for a $1. Good luck!

Last edited:

C_Rat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
Jeep looks great. Very clean look. I am going for a similar look with my 2 door except I want to put on 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers with as small a lift as possible. Based on your set up, I'm hoping I will be able to fit these on stock rims with a 1.5" spacer lift without rubbing issues.
On another note... I miss driving on the beach! I moved out west 25 years ago from Kill Devil Hills. My sister used to live in Beaufort. Beautiful area and I miss it a lot.
Sponsored