Sponsored

285/ 70- R17 BFG KO2 or Nitto Ridge Grapplers?

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Just put on a set of Ridge Grapplers. daily driver with occasional East off road. Went in snow and mud and they did great - great reaction and did respectable pulling out of tall snow ruts. Quiet and good ride on road too. Drove on wet roads couple of days and no issues. We’ll be getting these for my husbands F150. And they look really aggressive.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They are. After driving around more on them I honestly don't notice any roughness at all. They seem very smooth to me and tighter on the road. I can definitely update you as I drive more, but I am pleased with them in the short period of time I've had with them!
No biggie running E-rated, if you happen to like a particular tire and it's only available in an E-rated, it sure won't stop me from pushing the "Add to Cart" button :) Sure they may ride a bit firmer but that extra protection that the thicker rubber provides is a worthwhile tradeoff IMO.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
No biggie running E-rated, if you happen to like a particular tire and it's only available in an E-rated, it sure won't stop me from pushing the "Add to Cart" button :) Sure they may ride a bit firmer but that extra protection that the thicker rubber provides is a worthwhile tradeoff IMO.
I’m hoping the upcoming MT Baja AT has a few C options though. That or I might just go for the Toyo’s...

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Have a 2021 JLU Willys and hoping to get some info- looking at these two tires to replace my stock ones (no lift). Anyone have experience with these? Wondering about their performance in the rain especially as I've heard some mixed reviews as well as tread wear. Mostly using as my daily driver on the road but plan to do some easy/ moderate trails as well. Can't decide! I've had some other A/T tires (Terra Grappler, didn't like them and Pro Comp, performed well in all conditions) but want a more aggressive look like these two have and a bigger tire. Also have heard that the Nitto runs more true to 33" size and KO2s are a bit smaller. Anyway, any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

IMG_8795.jpeg
I went with the cooper discover
Have a 2021 JLU Willys and hoping to get some info- looking at these two tires to replace my stock ones (no lift). Anyone have experience with these? Wondering about their performance in the rain especially as I've heard some mixed reviews as well as tread wear. Mostly using as my daily driver on the road but plan to do some easy/ moderate trails as well. Can't decide! I've had some other A/T tires (Terra Grappler, didn't like them and Pro Comp, performed well in all conditions) but want a more aggressive look like these two have and a bigger tire. Also have heard that the Nitto runs more true to 33" size and KO2s are a bit smaller. Anyway, any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

IMG_8795.jpeg
I went with cooper discoverer AT3 XLT. They have a aggressive look and a great ride but they’re also great tread life. The best thing is they come with a 65,000 mile warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
agreed, which is exactly what I did lol! Honestly the former ride Isn’t that noticeable and I like how it rides so to me, worth it all around! Can’t wait to get on the trails and you’re right, the protection is some great piece of mind if I go against sticks or rocks!

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the cooper discover

I went with cooper discoverer AT3 XLT. They have a aggressive look and a great ride but they’re also great tread life. The best thing is they come with a 65,000 mile warranty.
let me know how you like them. Would love to see pics of them on the jeep!

Stevea709

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_8795.jpeg
I currently have the K02's on my JL and Ridge Grapplers on my Ram 3500. Both great choices and the Ridge Grapplers are dead quiet on the road. I'll most likely put Nitto Trail Grapplers on my JL next though. You can't go wrong with either one.

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update: LOVE the General Grabber ATX! Tons of rain today and they didn’t miss a beat. No slippage, no loss of traction, felt extremely secure on the road. Regular driving has been excellent also. Can’t wait to get them on the trails!

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
They are great on snow and rain. I live in Seattle so I have tested the tires a lot in both conditions. I drove on pretty deep snow this week and the tires were awesome.

Jeep Wrangler JL 285/ 70- R17 BFG KO2 or Nitto Ridge Grapplers? image
Beautiful Ride/Color/accent . What bumper is that?

Lioska

First Name
Alioscha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads