Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Rum runner is lamenting being at the dr (aka the service dept) due to two issues. 1) clutch issue (which they can’t figure out) & 2) sway bar issue.
Seems I need a whole new sway bar....at 27k miles. Seems there’s only one available new sway bar in the entire us (per the service dept) so waiting on it to arrive and hopefully the can figure out my clutch issue by the time it does!! Driving a mom-mobile is not fun (aka minivan—only vehicle they had for me to drive:facepalm:)
Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Good luck! Hopefully the part comes in soon! A minivan rental would be killing me!

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck! Hopefully the part comes in soon! A minivan rental would be killing me!
Thanks! Apparently the service Mgr was driving to Vegas today to pick up the sway bar. They’re completely clueless oh my clutch issue so who knows how long I’ll be stuck in the mini van and yes!! It’s killer!!!! I haven’t even had it a day and I’m dying

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What happened to your original sway bar? E-disco failure?

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What happened to your original sway bar? E-disco failure?
No clue. The service dept. couldn't tell why it failed as they didn't take it all apart to see...just said that it failed. They said it most likely was just an issue that was missed during the QC check.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No clue. The service dept. couldn't tell why it failed as they didn't take it all apart to see...just said that it failed. They said it most likely was just an issue that was missed during the QC check.
But what was the nature of the failure? A sway bar is just a sway bar, they don’t go bad. End link joints wear out, and the disconnect motor can short out. Frame bushings wear out too but that takes decades.

OP
OP
beachbumm78

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But what was the nature of the failure? A sway bar is just a sway bar, they don’t go bad. End link joints wear out, and the disconnect motor can short out. Frame bushings wear out too but that takes decades.
They weren’t specific in saying what the failure was. I asked. What happened when I tried to use it was I would push the button and that it would disconnect then automatically start reconnecting itself again then continue to flash the light at me until I pushed the button. They just replaced the whole assembly
Sponsored