Sponsored

27,829 Jeep Wrangler Sales Sold in March, Most Ever Monthly!

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I have only seen 2 but the ones on the dealer lots are dissappearing quickly
The dealerships have only had a few to sell.
The ones here in the OC said they could sell everyone if they could get their hands on them.
Sponsored

JLU_Pilot

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR - (Lady) ; 2013 Chevy Traverse
For those interested,.... the number of Wranglers "sold" the month prior in February was just under 16k. So, they increased "sales" by 10k more the following month. Might explain why there are a lot of bottlenecks in the build / delivery process. They may not have planned for these types of numbers / increases...

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I wonder how many of those are JL vs JK? I alos think that this speaks of the american :flag:public wanting to get away form work and get out and enjoy the open spaces more. :jk: Or is it just me? stuck on my computer writing reports all day>:crying::crying:
I was wondering the same thing, but from a different perspective? Is this an indicator that the JL's are not being well received, and people are scooping up JK's at a record rate because soon, they will be gone?

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Noticed we have 3 JL's in the parking lot at work, and dealership nearby has a healthy supply of them.

As far as the JL vs JK thing for sales, who knows? No official numbers so hard to speculate or draw any conclusions outside the fact that a hell of a lot of Jeeps were sold.

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
Hey
I too live in OC, I ordered a fully loaded JLUR back on 1/11. My order was put into deep storage and the factory said it will be faster for them to build me a replacement. Of course this was after 90 days. Who the heck know when and if they will ever complete my order and get it shipped. If you read my posting beyond frustrated, you will see from many of the folks who posted on there I’m not alone with this problem. FCA may have sold that many jeeps, they have yet to complete the orders. They are going to fall flat on their face with their plan on taking a bite out of the aftermarket parts industry with their mopar parts. The race for customers will be won by the aftermarket folks. By Easter FCA should have filled all of the orders that were placed before March. Most of these folks would have went with the Mopar parts for their JL. Instead these orders are stuck at the factory and the aftermarket companies showed up in force at Moab showing off their modifications that they will be selling soon.
I’m sure FCA with be showing off their numbers of sold Mopar parts as a win, heck if you go from next to zero to a good number it would look like a win. Yet the fact remains they lost out on millions of dollars in sales.
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I've read through that thread, sounds really aggravating. I'm hoping by the time we are ready to order some of the bottlenecks will have been cleared from the process. Good luck with your JL!

Sponsored

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I've read through that thread, sounds really aggravating. I'm hoping by the time we are ready to order some of the bottlenecks will have been cleared from the process. Good luck with your JL!
Hi Steve

Thanks!
Hopefully this time around on them building me another one they get it right and shipped soon.

Good luck on your order when you do make it.
Here is some advise when you do order yours, if you plan on off roading get the rubicon and get it fully loaded. It is well worth the money to have all of the extra options

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
FCA has just released sales figures for March 2018 and it reveals that an incredible 27,829 Jeep Wranglers were sold last month! This represents a 70% jump in sales from March of last year and also makes it the best Wrangler sales month of all time. Wrangler sales constituted 28% of all Jeep brand sales last month.

It's even more impressive when you consider that this was accomplished without fleet sales and almost zero incentives.

As the JK Wrangler is still on sale at dealers, this figure includes both the JK and all new JL Wrangler.

Jeep-Wrangler-Sales-Chart.jpg
If they had gotten off their butts, and done mine, it would have beenbetter lol

VoodooFISH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Wow, that's a lot of Jeep sold. My order was put in on Feb 15th for my JL. Got it from Koons, a lower price than any of my local dealerships. Had not heard anything from them so I followed up two days ago........was told it was in D1 status which is the building phase. Taking much longer than I ever thought. :mad::time::headbang:

Have others been waiting 7+ weeks for delivery?

hdps

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 cherokee 2018 wrangler unlimited JL on order
Impressive. Imagine how many they’d sell if they, you know, were able to actually build enough of them to fill sales orders for people who want one with cash in hand but can’t get the Jeep they ordered?

On a sadder note, how would you like to be that one poor schmuck who’s wife made him buy the one Town and Country who really, really wanted a Rubicon Unlimited? Just because you have a second kid doesn’t mean you need to drive a minivan!!!

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's a lot of Jeep sold. My order was put in on Feb 15th for my JL. Got it from Koons, a lower price than any of my local dealerships. Had not heard anything from them so I followed up two days ago........was told it was in D1 status which is the building phase. Taking much longer than I ever thought. :mad::time::headbang:

Have others been waiting 7+ weeks for delivery?
Mine was finished being built on 2-14 and I am still no closer to receiving it than I was on 2-15. My ETA delivery slid 6 or 7 times but now is ETA of TBD. Jeep has told me it is "on it way to the dealer and should be there soon" but they have been saying that for 2 weeks. According to my dealer the Jeep has been sitting outside in a holding area in Michigan since 3-9. This process has been horrid.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
The only one I’ve seen on the road so far is mine but everybody I see “wants one” and 2 friends have joined the wait list. With the top off and front window down this rig gets looks everywhere!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
FCA has just released sales figures for March 2018 and it reveals that an incredible 27,829 Jeep Wranglers were sold last month! This represents a 70% jump in sales from March of last year and also makes it the best Wrangler sales month of all time. Wrangler sales constituted 28% of all Jeep brand sales last month.

It's even more impressive when you consider that this was accomplished without fleet sales and almost zero incentives.

As the JK Wrangler is still on sale at dealers, this figure includes both the JK and all new JL Wrangler.

Jeep-Wrangler-Sales-Chart.jpg
This is because A) The JK is still on the market and B) dealers are doing huge rebates..the largest I've ever seen on Wrangler. Some are up to $4,000 off.

These sales numbers won't continue into summer and fall because once JK is gone and all that's left are the $40,000 Sports with A/C, people are going to shop other vehicles.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
This is because A) The JK is still on the market and B) dealers are doing huge rebates..the largest I've ever seen on Wrangler. Some are up to $4,000 off.

These sales numbers won't continue into summer and fall because once JK is gone and all that's left are the $40,000 Sports with A/C, people are going to shop other vehicles.
Yeah I really doubt that though, but it’s your opinion I guess...
How many people decided (just here) to pay that on a JL instead of getting a discounted JK ?!
Personnaly, I wouldn’t have bought a JK with whatever discount they would’ve given me, cause in 2018, it’s a vehicle (interior wise mainly) from another era.
And if you do it smartly, you can get a similar discount or even more on a JL.
But we’ll see. People in the market for a JK probably took advantage of that time of the 2 vehicles overlapping, but I’m pretty sure some people are JL customers only and couldn’t care less about the discounts given on a JK

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Personnaly, I wouldn’t have bought a JK with whatever discount they would’ve given me, cause in 2018, it’s a vehicle (interior wise mainly) from another era.
Copy that. JK was never in the picture.
Finally took my wife to the dealer this weekend for a JL test drive, as she will have the Jeep occasionally, and all he they had on the lot were Sports! Sold out of Saharas and Rubis... 17 last month alone by the rep I am dealing with. A large chunk from this forum I might add. Pretty sure the demand will keep up for a while.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
I think what may be interesting with this large number of JL buyers is who they are. While "we" (the forum group) are all up into this, there appears to be a group of buyers out there that are not traditional Jeep people (and likely not forum members), but just see the JL (and all the hype that goes with it) as another new vehicle that might interest them. I note that both my niece and a friend of mine, neither of whom currently (or ever have) own Jeeps or would even be considered "Jeep people" (per se), have bought new JLs within the past 60 days. My niece (a true soccer mom) had her mini-van in for service at a CDJ dealer and just happened to walk onto the showroom floor and see a red JLU Sport. She thought it was cute and she was tired of the mini-van (and its connotations). Boom! A JL buyer. The friend had an old pickup that had run its course and it was time for a replacement. Happened to see one of the numerous JL ads, remembered Jeeps from his college days 25 years earlier, walked into a Jeep dealer last week and drove out with a new JLUR. Jeep is selling the JL exactly to its target audience: Anyone with money and/or good credit that wants one.

IMG_8742.JPG

IMG_8739.JPG
Sponsored