26k brake fluid flush

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I changed my brakes to something with a lil nore stopping power so I figured i would flush the fluid and it was brown. Like new motor oil brown any one else run into this :whatsgoingon::whatsgoingon:

B42161E9-5C93-474F-8C08-F4E6B7FD6AC0.jpeg

C0F6DC7A-28C9-4B5C-81B3-C64474289598.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brooklynjlu2018

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I dont think so. I drive alot of aggressive highway driving so i chalked it up to that. I replaced with lucas synthetic dot3 supposed to have a higher temp Rating we will see

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I dont think so. I drive alot of aggressive highway driving so i chalked it up to that. I replaced with lucas synthetic dot3 supposed to have a higher temp Rating we will see
What brake upgrades did you do? If it was just pads, do tell :)

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Looks pretty nasty.... I know that most " import" vehicles owners manuals call for brake fluid exchange at 3yr/36k intervals. Most owners are not aware it should be changed... Any time you have different metals in a brake system, and you add a fluid, you can get corrosion internally.
I've changed many that the fluid has greenish tint due to copper in the valves etc..
Brake fluid is "hydroscopic" ( absorbs moisture)..
Looks like I will probably flush mine earlier than planned...

OP
OP
Brooklynjlu2018

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
What brake upgrades did you do? If it was just pads, do tell :)
Just pads at the moment the z36 extreme duty. Ebc is set to release their rotors and orange stuff pads very soon but weren’t available right now

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brooklynjlu2018

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Looks pretty nasty.... I know that most " import" vehicles owners manuals call for brake fluid exchange at 3yr/36k intervals. Most owners are not aware it should be changed... Any time you have different metals in a brake system, and you add a fluid, you can get corrosion internally.
I've changed many that the fluid has greenish tint due to copper in the valves etc..
Brake fluid is "hydroscopic" ( absorbs moisture)..
Looks like I will probably flush mine earlier than planned...
Yeah ive never seen it that brown before its only 2 years old i switched to lucas racing synthetic dot 3 and will see if it holds up any better

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Pretty much normal, I bleed a lot of brakes every year ( have10 cars so every 3 or so years, freshen up the fluid) and the fluids slowly become darker tan. Only strange one is my 15 Hemi WK2, the fluid turns a tinge green. I usually flush the whole system with a qt of Prestone Dot 3. Yearly I will suction and refresh the reservoir.

If your bleeding and flushing brakes, that is good maintenance practice. Also go take a look at some of your friends reservoirs that never do it and look at the color of the fluid. Freinds with local dealer techs and visit the bays often, the fluid in some of them are almost black. Total lack of PM.
Sponsored