265 70 18 G015 LT

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
I'm looking at Yokohama G015 265 70 18's. No lift and I will not be getting one. I have a 2020 stock Sahara JLU. These tires are LT and I have been told the ride would be horrible. Anyone do similar or the same tire upgrade? I will be towing a travel trailer 3,000lbs and may upgrade shocks to Billstein 5100.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm looking at Yokohama G015 265 70 18's. No lift and I will not be getting one. I have a 2020 stock Sahara JLU. These tires are LT and I have been told the ride would be horrible. Anyone do similar or the same tire upgrade? I will be towing a travel trailer 3,000lbs and may upgrade shocks to Billstein 5100.
I have a 2020 Sport Altitude that has the same 18" wheels as the Sahara except in black. I don't have a lift and don't plan on getting one, as I don't have the need for one. I upgraded to Cooper Discoverer At3 XLT tires in size LT275/70-18.

These tires are outstanding, in my opinion, and ride better than the stock tires. There's nothing wrong with putting LT tires on a Wrangler. OF course different tires ride and perform differently, but you should have no ride quality issues with a decent set of LT tires.

Also, most here will recommend going with size 275/70-18. Have a look at these threads:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/stock-wheels-w-33s.54781/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-put-bigger-tires-with-2-inch-lift-kit.51056/

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2020 Sport Altitude that has the same 18" wheels as the Sahara except in black. I don't have a lift and don't plan on getting one, as I don't have the need for one. I upgraded to Cooper Discoverer At3 XLT tires in size LT275/70-18.

These tires are outstanding, in my opinion, and ride better than the stock tires. There's nothing wrong with putting LT tires on a Wrangler. OF course different tires ride and perform differently, but you should have no ride quality issues with a decent set of LT tires.

Also, most here will recommend going with size 275/70-18. Have a look at these threads:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/stock-wheels-w-33s.54781/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-put-bigger-tires-with-2-inch-lift-kit.51056/
Thanks, the size and tire i am looking at are on clearance at a price of $120 each, plus a $70 mail in rebate. My main reason is to get the winter peak rating so I have no issues when driving in another province.. These tires are an LT load e.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks, the size and tire i am looking at are on clearance at a price of $120 each, plus a $70 mail in rebate. My main reason is to get the winter peak rating so I have no issues when driving in another province.. These tires are an LT load e.
E rated tires may ride a bit harsher than a C rated tire, but I have nothing to really base that on other than what I've read here and elsewhere. If you're going to be towing, as you mentioned, then they may be a good choice in terms of longevity.

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E rated tires may ride a bit harsher than a C rated tire, but I have nothing to really base that on other than what I've read here and elsewhere. If you're going to be towing, as you mentioned, then they may be a good choice in terms of longevity.
I think I am going to pass on them. If they where a load c I would have got them. The e maybe really harsh. I have to find someone that has this load and see how they like it.

Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Look at General grabber ATx in 275-70-18, they have an option for SL tire. That's probably what I'm going with next go around. Now I have and love Toyo AT3 in 275-65-18, LT-C. They have been great and keep same diameter as stock just wider, beefier. They have handled a couple of jamborees no prob. But hard to find a true 33" tire for 18" wheels in anything other than Load E which I want to avoid. I'd rather stick with LT-C, but will give the SL generals a go...

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think I am going to pass on them. If they where a load c I would have got them. The e maybe really harsh. I have to find someone that has this load and see how they like it.
Check out the Coopers that I mentioned above. You can get them at a great price if you do some searching.

OP
OP
Altitude2020

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the Coopers that I mentioned above. You can get them at a great price if you do some searching.
Coopers where my first choice. Been waiting a year for the size I want to come into stock.
Sponsored