250 miles on the odo, transmission leak FTL

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
After three weeks of ownership and only 250 miles, I was bummed to see a puddle of transmission fluid and dripping from my Sahara. 3.6l with the 8 speed auto. I guess I'm in for a ride with the dealer's service department tomorrow. UGH!
Sponsored

Germansheperd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2019 HD FLHXS, 2018 Taurus, 2008 Mustang GT, 1994 Z28
Let’s hope that it’s something super simple like a gasket. Let us know how it turns out!
They dont even use gaskets most of the time anymore. Just a bead of silicone from the factory.

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They dont even use gaskets most of the time anymore. Just a bead of silicone from the factory.
Report from the dealer is that the transmission pan gasket was defective (what I suspected since I got under the car and couldn't see anything running down from above- just drips from the pan.) Good news, I guess since it will be pretty unobtrusive to fix, once they get the part in (not until next week!) Now my main concern is that they fill it properly with the proper fluid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Report from the dealer is that the transmission pan gasket was defective (what I suspected since I got under the car and couldn't see anything running down from above- just drips from the pan. Good news, I guess since it will be pretty unobtrusive to fix, once they get the part in (not until next week!) Now my main concern is that they fill it properly with the proper fluid.
glad it’s an easy fix!!!!

Your dealer doesn’t have a damn transmission gasket in stock? A simple and inexpensive part like this..... and it’s not I stock?

FCA needs to start spanking their dealers for keeping customers waiting a week for a simple part like this. Utterly shameful customer service.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Report from the dealer is that the transmission pan gasket was defective (what I suspected since I got under the car and couldn't see anything running down from above- just drips from the pan.) Good news, I guess since it will be pretty unobtrusive to fix, once they get the part in (not until next week!) Now my main concern is that they fill it properly with the proper fluid.
Glad it’s simple! Hopefully you’ve got service techs that know what they’re doing there. Are you taking it to Figueroa? Someone here wrote a good review about them so hopefully they’ve got a good service department there.

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad it’s simple! Hopefully you’ve got service techs that know what they’re doing there. Are you taking it to Figueroa? Someone here wrote a good review about them so hopefully they’ve got a good service department there.
Yes- took it to LACDJR on Figueroa. So far the service writer seems like he is on the ball but not holding my breath until I get it back and everything is as it should be. Good to hear there is a decent review on here- I’ll search for that and of course I’ll report back since you may need an alternate dealer in the area someday!

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Yes- took it to LACDJR on Figueroa. So far the service writer seems like he is on the ball but not holding my breath until I get it back and everything is as it should be. Good to hear there is a decent review on here- I’ll search for that and of course I’ll report back since you may need an alternate dealer in the area someday!
It was in the Bad Dealer good dealer thread. Don’t remember what the exact title was and may have been deleted. I won’t go to them solely because they wouldn’t service my sister’s Dodge because she didn’t buy it there but glad to hear other people are getting good service there.

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my JLU back from the dealer today- new pan gasket installed, and transmission fluid hopefully replenished according to spec. Car was as clean as when I left it a week ago, and seems to be a successful repair. First go with Downtown LA Jeep dealernservice was satisfactory!
Sponsored