First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Have a 3.6 2018 no etorque, tried newer 4 cyl turbo w/etorque... NO thank you!

Like lower mileage, not so 4cylinder! Good luck with YOUR choice!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Thanks everyone,

Here are the links to the vehicles in consideration:

Cheaper and Higher Mileage
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/...oTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest

More Expensive with Less Miles

https://www.krystalchryslerjeepdodg...p-Wrangler-Unlimited+Sahara-1C4HJXEN8JW279208
I personally prefer the higher mileage one. Colour matched hard top, tow package, heated seats and the 3.6 has proven to be the more reliable platform.

The LED package is definitely nice and we love ours, but you can easily add that in with all the money saved.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
A reputable dealership would definitely change all fluids and filters. If It rides fine on a test drive, I personally wouldn't hesitate to save 8K on the 3.6 over the 2L turbo. Chances are if the 3.6 made it that long(which 60K isn't that much) its going to be good for another 100K easy. 8K will get you a new engine or brand new axles, etc. Also, you would feel much better to have to replace gears, engine, trans, etc. in something you paid 8K less for than something you bought assuming that was never a possibility.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I would consider what the mileage difference means to you. How much do you drive per year, how long do you expect to keep it, etc.
I've owned a few long term vehicles that had what was high mileage to me, in the 150k mile range. I do a lot of long trips in my current Jeep, my other car has about 145k miles and I wouldn't consider a long road trip in it unless I had to. So for me 120k to 140k miles is the limit to what I like. If the vehicle started with 60k miles then I could only drive another 60-80k miles. That's 5 or 6 years for me. Starting with 35k fewer miles would give me another 3 years.
OTOH my wife only drives 1-2k per year, either of those vehicles would last her a long time.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If there is documentation that the 60k vehicle was maintained I would go with it. If not spend the 8k especially if you plan to keep it long term.

Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are considering trading in our 2020 2 Door Sport S for a JLU Sahara. Locally, we have a 2018 JLU Sahara with 25,000 miles for $39k and a 2018 JLU Sahara with 59,000 miles for $31k.
The lower mileage Jeep is CPO. I’m having a hard time justifying the $8k price difference but like the idea of buying a lower mileage vehicle. If the higher mileage option inspects well (I’m meticulous about these things) should I be concerned about the mileage?
Lee,

I see that you are in NY State. My concern would be issues surrounding Rust/Salt issues with either of these two vehicles.

I live up in Rochester, NY and I was looking for a lightly used Jeep 2 Door. We started looking in May of last year and I got very familiar with whom had what Jeeps in the area. One guy brings them in from Canada and even those show some signs of issues. One dealer had put like a 1/4 inch of fresh undercoating over the whole underside and from of the Jeep. This stuff slathered over every nut and bolt on the Jeep. Would be a bad Jeep to try and work on and then you have no real idea how good/bad the frame is.

I found my low mileage 2020 Willys on vacation in TN. It was a trade in at that dealership, and the car came in from Florida, 1-Owner and only 4300 miles. Now there are a few things I would have like to have had if I had ordered a new one, but nothing I can not live with-out. During looking over this Jeep, the dealership allowed me to have a tech put it up on the lift and check it out. I was amazed at how clean this Jeep was. I doubt in 4300 miles it has never been off-road. Knowing this, seeing this, I was willing to pay slightly more than I wanted for a much cleaner Jeep than I have seen. Honestly, I’ve seen new Jeeps that were dirtier underneath than this one has been.

So good luck in your search!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

note one is the 2.0 turbo 4 and the other is the 3.6

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Also look looks like the 29K mile 2.0 has the Powertrain Limited Warranty: 84 Month/100,000 Mile (whichever comes first) from original in-service date still going per the dealership. This would be worth the lower miles you still have a few years left on the warranty
Sponsored