25,000 vs 60,000 mile Used JLU

adkjamis46

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
My wife and I are considering trading in our 2020 2 Door Sport S for a JLU Sahara. Locally, we have a 2018 JLU Sahara with 25,000 miles for $39k and a 2018 JLU Sahara with 59,000 miles for $31k.
The lower mileage Jeep is CPO. I’m having a hard time justifying the $8k price difference but like the idea of buying a lower mileage vehicle. If the higher mileage option inspects well (I’m meticulous about these things) should I be concerned about the mileage?
Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
I would go with the lower mileage in this situation, provided both are optioned the way you would like. 34,000 miles difference is more than double the wear and tear on the lower mileage jeep. Drive them both because some 2018's have serious wandering issues. Make sure the steering TSB's have been applied. There was a TSB for trackbar replacement and a TSB for the steering gearbox replacement. There was also a safety recall for the steering stabilizer. I like the idea of having the CPO. Good luck with whichever one you purchase.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
My wife and I are considering trading in our 2020 2 Door Sport S for a JLU Sahara. Locally, we have a 2018 JLU Sahara with 25,000 miles for $39k and a 2018 JLU Sahara with 59,000 miles for $31k.
The lower mileage Jeep is CPO. I’m having a hard time justifying the $8k price difference but like the idea of buying a lower mileage vehicle. If the higher mileage option inspects well (I’m meticulous about these things) should I be concerned about the mileage?
I would take the lower mile car every day and twice on Sunday assuming it is equipped how you want. Even if you assigned a nominal $0.50 cent per mile, the higher mile one should be $17k off the lower.

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
Both are probably out of warranty due to time or mileage as the factory warranty is 3/36 if I remember. The CPO gets a 3 month 3,000 warranty with it so that is a plus. CPO means a higher price tag for those 3 little letters. The CPO label means it was inspected a bit closer than normal and everything checks out to their parameters, on theory you are getting a better vehicle.

60,000 miles on this platform are really nothing if it has been taken care of, but it does mean you are probably due for sone fluid changes. Diffs, transfer, transmission. Those will cost a few dollars but not $8,000 difference. A good chance it will need new tires unless they did that as part of the flip. If they put tires on they might have put on cheap shitty tires though.

How are the options between the 2 Jeeps? Maintenance history? Accidents? Mileage and CPO make up most of the price difference but not all of it

Sponsored

cthomas31

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sport S Manual Soft top
Get the lower mileage one. $8k might sound like a lot now but it will be worth it down the road. Who knows what the 60k mileage one has been through. It’s tough to do a lot of damage to one with only 25k miles one it. Piece of mind.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I often wonder where you people live where you think anything below 100k miles is even broken in.

I’d take the cheaper one.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Both are probably out of warranty due to time or mileage as the factory warranty is 3/36 if I remember. The CPO gets a 3 month 3,000 warranty with it so that is a plus. CPO means a higher price tag for those 3 little letters. The CPO label means it was inspected a bit closer than normal and everything checks out to their parameters, on theory you are getting a better vehicle.

60,000 miles on this platform are really nothing if it has been taken care of, but it does mean you are probably due for sone fluid changes. Diffs, transfer, transmission. Those will cost a few dollars but not $8,000 difference. A good chance it will need new tires unless they did that as part of the flip. If they put tires on they might have put on cheap shitty tires though.

How are the options between the 2 Jeeps? Maintenance history? Accidents? Mileage and CPO make up most of the price difference but not all of it
Yikes, that is weak.

We bought the wife's XC90 as a CPO which took the warranty from 4/50 to 5/unlimited. Paying CPO premium for 3 months is hardly worth it.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Hi, what about options??
By just looking at miles you’d would obviously favor the one with lower miles but it’s choosing blindly without knowing more about one vehicle’s equipment vs the other, also a carfax will give you history or maintenance done to the 60K vehicle etc so you can see if it was properly serviced

OP
OP
adkjamis46

adkjamis46

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S

Sponsored

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I'd keep that sweet looking 2 Door and save yourself $34k.........

Tgs

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlus
The cheaper one has heated seats and new tires. The more expensive one doesn't but has led light package and is well over half way through the tire life.

Tgs

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlus
The cheaper one also has the 3.6 engine and the expensive one has 2.0 engine. I believe for 2018 all of the 2.0 had the etorque. I would test drive both and not worry about the miles much.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Other difference is Newer one is I4 turbo with tow package and Older one is 3.6L V6.

You will get better gas mileage from the newer one but I have the 3.6L and love it

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Other difference is Newer one is I4 turbo with tow package and Older one is 3.6L V6.

You will get better gas mileage from the newer one but I have the 3.6L and love it
Also depends on your usage. My commute is 3 miles each way. Not enough time to properly warm up the turbos. I wanted a naturally aspirated engine due to this, so went with 3.6.
Sponsored