Sponsored

24MY UP TO 8% UNDER INVOICE Orders and 6% on IN STOCK

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
So the 20A builds were contracted out to AEV? No wonder Jeep has no issues releasing the '24 details so soon. All of the 20As are essentially sold already. Some dealers may get a couple on allocation though.
Not all the 20A Jeeps were contracted out to AEV. Just the "massive upgrade" model with the horrific looking wheels. Other than the wheels, I liked the package, but not for an extra $20k+. All the parts are available as bolt-ons from AEV, and if I ordered them all and basically copied the 20A over-the-top Rubicon, I would save at least $5k and I'd have all the original parts. The original parts have value - so to me the AEV Rubicon just didn't make any financial sense at all. Especially since I have a '22 392 XR - all of those take-offs would be nice to have as spares as I'm constantly breaking something.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
In my case, I had a deposit down on one even before they were officially announced.

Then, the dealer said that due to low availability, he had to refund my deposit and if I still wanted it, it would be $10k over MSRP.
All I see there is a skeevy attempt to shake you down for $10K. Either the dealer can get the vehicle you want, or he can't. Perhaps he thought that by returning your good faith deposit, unrequested, he'd wipe his filthy slate clean.

By their own actions do car dealerships maintain the poor reputation for which they're known.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
report that dealer to the slime dealer list thread. I am sure there is one here somewhere

OP
OP
Mitch@OurismanClarksville

Mitch@OurismanClarksville

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Fortunately any customers didn't get one will likely come back for the '24. In my case, I had a deposit down on one even before they were officially announced. Then, the dealer said that due to low availability, he had to refund my deposit and if I still wanted it, it would be $10k over MSRP. I walked... Having to look at that red dash and think about paying $10k over MSRP every time I drove it would have caused me to have a stroke.
I really do hope all those people that agreed to pay over back and get a 24 and dealers sit on the 20A's. If anyone knows of one that sits for a few months lmk maybe I can get it for myself since I couldn't from my dealership :CWL:

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Guys, is there an approximate timeframe when the 24's will be available for delivery?

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Guys, is there an approximate timeframe when the 24's will be available for delivery?
I don’t see any info in any of the fleet sources that usually are the best place to find the retool dates.

I’d guess somewhere in the 2-4 month range.

Reactions: AFD

Pissed Boomer

First Name
Pissed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
Oh that's nice, new clutser/infotainment. Wonder if anyone else gets extra clearance. New HD rear is also a nice addition. I wonder how much the price shoots up though...

More than anything though, I wonder how much of this translates over to the 2-door, sure we'll get the same dash and cluster, but I wonder if any of the mech goodies like the HDs make it.
All it means like BMW's infotainment system, take a simple task you can achieve with one touch of a button and make it complicated through a bunch of menus.

Dallas911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2023 392XR

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
All it means like BMW's infotainment system, take a simple task you can achieve with one touch of a button and make it complicated through a bunch of menus.
Not really. Take a look at uconnect in the grand Cherokee or sometime. I assume it will be like that without all the features we don't have/use.

Also, the Grand Cherokee still has plenty of buttons for most of what you need including radio/tuning and HVAC. Of course they were still there for drivetrain and whatnot. I think Jeep has the best implementation so far. They are def far away from something like Tesla.

Last edited:

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 392, 21 BMW M2 competition, 11 Subaru STi
Which idrive system are you talking about / which BMW did you own? I'm very impressed with idrive 6 in my M2 competition. It's one of the most intuitive systems in any car I've owned. Having the control wheel, voice command, touch screen, and touch pad gives you many options.
Plus controls like HVAC and volume are done with a knob. Couple the fact that you can customize the preset buttons from 1-8 and you've got physical controls for nearly anything, provided you can figure out how to use buttons lol. Like I've got some of my presets to do split screen, horsepower/torque gauges, my fav radio station, run the HVAC when the car shuts off for 30 min to keep it cool when i get grroceries, etc

I travel a fair amount for work, and go through my own cars quickly so I end up using a ton of what's on the market. iDrive and Uconnect are def some of the best ones on the market imo

Sponsored

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
So for now don't email you looking for a 4xE right? too late for 23 and too early for 24. (I want a High Alt or fully loaded sahara in Hydro, none on the lot for you, i checked)
There is one at Chapman of Horsham:

Jeep Wrangler JL 24MY UP TO 8% UNDER INVOICE Orders and 6% on IN STOCK 1679324531264

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Any idea when pricing will become available?

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Which idrive system are you talking about / which BMW did you own? I'm very impressed with idrive 6 in my M2 competition. It's one of the most intuitive systems in any car I've owned. Having the control wheel, voice command, touch screen, and touch pad gives you many options.
Plus controls like HVAC and volume are done with a knob. Couple the fact that you can customize the preset buttons from 1-8 and you've got physical controls for nearly anything, provided you can figure out how to use buttons lol. Like I've got some of my presets to do split screen, horsepower/torque gauges, my fav radio station, run the HVAC when the car shuts off for 30 min to keep it cool when i get grroceries, etc

I travel a fair amount for work, and go through my own cars quickly so I end up using a ton of what's on the market. iDrive and Uconnect are def some of the best ones on the market imo
I drive is OK, it gets a lot of flack because it was the first. I had it for 8 years in my 2007 3 series.

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
When do the MY'24s show up on the website to build?
I would say atleast a month. And that’s if they announce at at the Easter Jeep event. Safe to say way later than we would like.
Sponsored