Sponsored

24' sport hanging wires. NO JEEP DEALER CAN FIGURE THIS OUT FOR ME!

what are these?

• charger cables for your taser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • places specifically for after market cameras and mirrors to avoid dangling wires to cig lighter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you didn’t order the advanced safety group, then it is all a mistake.

That ugly giant box behind the mirror is the housing that contains the forward sensor for the adaptive cruise control and crash avoidance system.

Sounds like a fine example of Jeep assembly quality control not working...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Malferds

Malferds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 truck. no bumpers. Frame I can stick arm in.
Yeah I did a search for that part number for the it's a radar machine behind that mirror that judge's distances and stuff like that and a bunch of weird stuff came up from 2014 is when they applied for the patent and everything else that goes with it that there's a safe level of radiation or some crap there's a bunch of safety testing they had to get done they did most of it at the University of Michigan but I'm just surprised it goes and dates back way back to 2014 for the same device they're using.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just surprised it goes and dates back way back to 2014 for the same device they're using.
Perhaps on Grand Cherokee. JK didn’t have any such features in 2014; Jeep only started offering the advanced safety group when it introduced JL in 2018.

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

I don’t have this feature, so I’m wondering. Why not remove the parts and sell them? Maybe it’s not that simple?

dlong1119

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (Billet), 21 Sahara 4xe (StingGray)
Vehicle Showcase
Post a pic of the outside of your windshield as well. Safety Group windshields are different up near the mirror. Definitely looks like something got messed up during assembly. Maybe there was a part shortage on the base model and they had to use some of the upgraded parts to make it look finished.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Malferds

Malferds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll post a photo in about 5 or 10 minutes but I was just at a dealership a half hour ago and he said all models have that shroud whether they have the package or not for 2024. But it doesn't have the same blackening and it doesn't have the metal parts crossing it for the defrost... So weird!

FLAirgunner

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paco the Taco (2022) & Willy the 2 Dr Willys (2024
Occupation
Retired
Here's a picture of that area in our 2024 Willys 2 door. We also have one on the other side of that covered area behind the rearview mirror. We also have the Safety Group, so it may have something to do with that. Are there any contacts they can be snapped to on yours?
Jeep Wrangler JL 24' sport hanging wires. NO JEEP DEALER CAN FIGURE THIS OUT FOR ME! IMG_3065

IMG_3064.jpg

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
I don’t have a 24. But that box looks unfinished. Like there’s a cellphone mounted there

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
the voting is about as sporadic as the R primaries...
Free advice for a noob:
The site's moderators tend to strictly enforce the no-political-commentary rule here, to include excising the related posts and sometimes banning folks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Malferds

Malferds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are there any contacts they can be snapped to on yours?
No connecting points like a normal functioning safety package. Dangling caps/wires not normal. Wrong window without blackout area. No metal defrost lines in window. Side screws and bottoms screws to the box do not connect to anything, they just sit and spin. They're empty connectors inside by the radar machine inside the box of the rear view mirror that are empty with nothing plugged in.

But there is a radar device inside of it that is not going to be used... It's unwanted.

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

No connecting points like a normal functioning safety package. Dangling caps/wires not normal. Wrong window without blackout area. No metal defrost lines in window. Side screws and bottoms screws to the box do not connect to anything, they just sit and spin. They're empty connectors inside by the radar machine inside the box of the rear view mirror that are empty with nothing plugged in.

But there is a radar device inside of it that is not going to be used... It's unwanted.
I highly doubt its used at all for anything in the Jeep - you don't have the advanced safety package, so I wonder if it is a case of spare parts or something.

A thing to test if its actually used for anything is whether or not you have automatic dimming headlights - which to me personally is one of only two useful things about the advanced safety group... Next time you drive at night, go to an area where its sparse enough to see if the lights will automatically turn on when there aren't any oncoming cars etc, or off when there are... I would be surprised if it does work, but its worth a try to see if that is actually used for anything.

Any Jeep dealer should be able to help you get the normal mirror assembly though, this is a warranty and manufacturer defect situation... You shouldn't have to return to the stealer you bought it from.

OP
OP
Malferds

Malferds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I highly doubt its used at all for anything in the Jeep - you don't have the advanced safety package, so I wonder if it is a case of spare parts or something.

A thing to test if its actually used for anything is whether or not you have automatic dimming headlights - which to me personally is one of only two useful things about the advanced safety group... Next time you drive at night, go to an area where its sparse enough to see if the lights will automatically turn on when there aren't any oncoming cars etc, or off when there are... I would be surprised if it does work, but its worth a try to see if that is actually used for anything.

Any Jeep dealer should be able to help you get the normal mirror assembly though, this is a warranty and manufacturer defect situation... You shouldn't have to return to the stealer you bought it from.
It's absolutely just for that safety package. It deals with multiple things but no to answer your question I do not have auto dimming headlights which yes this box would definitely be for those and it also is for the auto speed control and a bunch of other sensory things with that box considering the radar involved in it so yes that's good to hear that they might take care of it. I'll contact the local dealer and see what they're willing to help me with.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
That wiring and box is all part of the upper A-pillar trim plastic. That's the part that is incorrect. And that's easily replaceable with the basic standard one, assuming its available. There is no reason the dealership shouldn't be able to swap that out for you. It shouldn't even take 15 minutes.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'll post a photo in about 5 or 10 minutes but I was just at a dealership a half hour ago and he said all models have that shroud whether they have the package or not for 2024. But it doesn't have the same blackening and it doesn't have the metal parts crossing it for the defrost... So weird!
Your windshield, steering wheel without the adaptive cruise buttons, and window sticker without any mention of that feature are all indications that the box and the adaptive cruise/automatic emergency braking sensor are not supposed to be there lol. That nothing in the box is connected cements that theory.

I don't know why the dealer is arguing it. Ask them to show you it on other 2024s without the safety package. From the verbiage on the website, I don't believe it's a standard feature.

Edit: Also, that box is a combo camera and radar unit. It's a pretty common way to do adaptive cruise (if you set your cruise control to 65mph and a car gets in front of you and does 50, then your jeep would slow to match that car's speed and keep the distance as set)
Sponsored