Sponsored

23MPG and a look at the screens

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
With the battery run down to less than 1%, I took the Wrangler 4XE on a 20 mile drive and managed 23 MPG. I also took a little time in this video to go through some of the screens.

Sponsored

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
With the battery run down to less than 1%, I took the Wrangler 4XE on a 20 mile drive and managed 23 MPG. I also took a little time in this video to go through some of the screens.

highway or city?

Seems similar to the stock Sahara

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Thanks for the info. It will be interesting to see the results as everyone starts getting their hands on them. I know my Ram gets the best mpg on those backroad 50-60 mph trips, anything above that and mpg drops.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Would like to know how it does towing w/ the battery that low. Do you still get all the E-boost? Not asking you to do that of course, just wondering aloud for the class-

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris Hall

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would like to know how it does towing w/ the battery that low. Do you still get all the E-boost? Not asking you to do that of course, just wondering aloud for the class-
That’s actually a test I want to do soon.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
This is awesome, thanks for confirming! Have you tested what kind of MPG you’d average with a fully charged battery and in hybrid mode? I think that’s the test a lot of people would want to see

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
How about fill it up, charge the battery 100% and drive a couple hundred miles, and then refill it and report back actual MPG My guess is about 1 mpg better than a non-hybrid due to the initial 20 miles on the battery. Question is how much better is it with the regen braking from the hyrid operation.

I think most considering one of these are doing so for the 7500$ kick back, but unless hybrid operation increase mpg these make little sense.

Also, have you floored it in a 1/4 mile scenario from a stop, does it fell like 375HP, that would be the other selling feature.

OP
OP
Chris Hall

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about fill it up, charge the battery 100% and drive a couple hundred miles, and then refill it and report back actual MPG My guess is about 1 mpg better than a non-hybrid due to the initial 20 miles on the battery. Question is how much better is it with the regen braking from the hyrid operation.

I think most considering one of these are doing so for the 7500$ kick back, but unless hybrid operation increase mpg these make little sense.

Also, have you floored it in a 1/4 mile scenario from a stop, does it fell like 375HP, that would be the other selling feature.
That’s something I want to do soon.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Would be cool to line up next to a regular 2.0L and see the difference.
Sponsored