Sponsored

2300 total miles on a road trip

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. So I just got back from a long trip. I went from Northern Virginia, to the Eastern Short of MD, to Nashville in Indiana, did a bunch of wedding stuff, then back to the Eastern Shore, and back to Northern Virginia. Here's my thoughts on my JL after so long in it.

1. Seats. My 99 Cherokee seats are better. That being said, I have always liked the XJ seats. But I think my JK seats were better as well. These aren't that great for a long trip IMO. Though I do realize body shapes are different, and this may not apply to others.

2. I traveled with my sister and nephew. My sister confirmed the clutch sucks in that it has no real feel to it.

3. The engine did well at nearly 80 MPH. It was fairly quiet

4. The Unlimited actually has a fair amount of room in it for such a trip. The ability to drop part of the rear seat gives you more storage room, yet lets you keep a passenger in the back as well. This is a LOT better than my TJ and JK as you had to use the storage you had with the seat up, put the seat down, or take it out. No other option.

5. The MPG was surprisingly good. I'm sitting around high 24 MPG right now (that's taking into account the over estimation done by the computer, which currently reads 25.7 MPG).

Overall, I feel it's a good vehicle for a road trip. There's the obvious security risks if you have a soft top, since you can't leave anything in it without purchasing a deck lid or such, but if you aren't traveling with a lot of equipment, it shouldn't really be an issue.
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know! I've made some shorter trips but plan a 1k trip soon. My security enclosure arrives tomorrow which is a must for me - trips or not I don't want items left in view for my soft top.