Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
Came here searching for Daystar 2"

....but leaving a comment that I am 15 minutes north of Bardstown, KY...which is the epicenter of the Bourbon Tour. So hit me up if any of you all take the tour.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Done the bourbon trail 3 times already over the years. Its getting longer all the time, you have to be comfortable starting your drink early, and even then its two solid days. :) They have added a "craft bourbon" trail too. I see you guys mention Buffalo Trace, funny thing is they are not even part of the trail, as the trail now requires distilleries to charge a small "Admittance fee". My recommendations for a trip is to do Buffalo Trace, fantastic tour. Then do both Jim Bean and Makers Mark to see the two sides of the spectrum. Maker's feels very under-priced after that tour. :)

Oh and for Bourbon, my current go to is Woodford Reserve, or Blantons (Difficult to actually find around me). Also anytime I pass through Kentucky, I stop at a liquor store (my go to is the one in Convington right across the river from Ohio) and get a few bottles of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream. Can't buy that in Michigan, at least that I have seen.
Yea, Buffalo Trace Bourbaon Cream is hard to find in Michigan. I have not found any in Michigan. A friend of mine will be in Chicago over the weekend and is bringing me a couple bottles back.

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
Nice Write up and thanks for the info on the Bourbon. I was most impressed by the lack of cracks in the Windshield. hehe
Sponsored