Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

watslax9

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, VW Jetta
Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. Jeep Rubicon - Blue - Delivered.PNG

Checked the pizza tracker earlier today and surprise, surprise...it arrived today, delivered a week ahead of schedule. I talked to the dealership and it will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow afternoon. I am really excited, it took just over two months from order to delivery.

I feel terrible for those that have been waiting five, six, seven, eight-plus months to get theirs. Hang in there everyone.
Sponsored

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR-XR // 2004 TJ
@*Jeepers Creepers* Did your build sheet populate on Cryptostickers today? I thought I saw your handle on there šŸ˜€ mine finally did today as well, and I can pull up my build sheet with Jeep as well. Dealer phone call today confirmed I am in JBā€¦.and scheduled to ship on August 6thā€¦. Not gonna hold my breath, I figure itā€™s still gonna take over a month to get from Toledo to TX. I thought knowing it was finally built would make the wait easierā€¦but I think it just gets harder.
Yep!! haha about time - not sure how long the ship will be to Northwest Arkansas but hopefully before end of month we'll have ours delivered.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

That's disconcerting.
Yeah, Iā€™m not sure what to make of it. Iā€™m hopeful itā€™s just the tracker not updating, since nearly a month in production seems far out of the ordinaryā€¦

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

That's disconcerting.
Ok, so I reached out yesterday to someone I know that works on the paint line for Toledo. Just checked my messages and he said it for sure went through paint well before the summer shutdown. He mentioned they have been having a hardtop shortage and wonders if it got stuck because of that but would check on it for me when he goes in for his shift.

Man, I am not optimisticā€¦.

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
When did y'all get your email from Jeep welcoming you to the Jeep Wave program, etc.? I've read through here that it happens once your Jeep hits the production line if I recall correctly. I'm assuming my tracker is bogus and it's truly not on the line yet? I've yet to receive any sort of email from Jeep. (Ordered a '22 JLUR XR)

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. IMG_0481
I just got my Jeep Wave email today, a week after I picked up my Jeep at the dealer.

REWJeep

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude Unlimited
I ordered this Jeep on Ground Hog's Day, 2022. The first estimated delivery date on the Jeep Tracker was 8 July 2022. Once it was shipped, that changed to 28 July 2022. I picked it up on the 28th.

Here are some initial (many of them naive I am sure) observations:

The Dealership

I went with River Oaks Jeep because they are conveniently located, they have not abandoned the central city for the distant suburbs, and their owner is a local philanthropist. I can take the bus to and from them when I drop the Jeep off for service. They currently sell sold orders at list price and would not budge, even for FCA Affiliate Rewards. However, they also do not do anything slimy, whereas some of my other options in the city made me uncomfortable, to be charitable. Despite a subsequent price increase, they honored the price of the vehicle when I ordered it, even though a small problem cropped up at delivery. (Pro Tip: Place an order in the name of the entity that will be on the title. In my case, this was a family trust.) My sales guy, Jonathan Hagger, had talked me out of ordering several options that he did not think that I would need, and he was right about every one of them. When I went to pay for the Jeep, I asked about extended warranties. The finance guy quoted me prices for a MaxCare policy that are much higher than those from dealers on this forum, but he was not the least bit pushy and invited me to call him back when I was ready to buy the extended warranty. He pointed out that, given how few miles a year that I drive, a lower mileage policy would be a better deal than the one that i first asked about.

The Jeep

I wanted a Wrangler because it is one of the few vehicles that is still available with a manual transmission and, given where I live 60 miles inland from the Gulf Coast and our experience in Hurricane Harvey, has the ability to traverse mildly flooded streets. I have been driving manual (we used to say standard) transmissions for over fifty years. I have not stalled a vehicle so many times in one day as I have with this Jeep since I was 16 years old on my learner's permit. I think that it is a combination of almost no feedback in the clutch pedal when the clutch starts to engage and the throttle on the 3.6L engine, which I'm still learning after spending the past 18 years driving an engine with appreciable turbo lag. After 100 miles and a week of practice, though, I'm starting to get the hang of it, as Jonathan said that I would. He mentioned that they sell very few Saharas with manual transmissions.

I really like the shifter, and the synchronizers work very well. The 3.6L engine has plenty of power for city driving and robust acceleration when merging onto an easy freeway on-ramp. The view over my right shoulder to the right and rear is great, especially with the headrests of the back seats folded down. The view over my left shoulder of the lane to my left is totally obstructed by the B pillar. I'm glad that I ordered the Jeep with the safety package, which includes the blindspot detection of cars in the adjacent lane. I've now also installed some stick-on blindspot mirrors. This is my first vehicle with a backup camera. I like it, and I like the Park Sense option that I also ordered as I like to back into my parking spaces at home and at work.

This is my first truck-like vehicle. It is probably obvious to most on this forum, but it took me a while to figure out that the easiest way to get into the Jeep is to put my outboard foot on the side rail, grab the handle on the A-pillar or the B-pillar with my inboard hand, and swing my inboard leg in and plunk my behind down on the seat. Getting out is made a little easier by the optional grab handles. I ordered them and expected them to be installed, but they came in a plastic bag with no installation instructions. I have a T-25 bit that fit the very nice little ratchet wrench that came with the Jeep. The rear handles were easy to install, but I had to remove the Freedom Panels in order to get the wrench onto the screws to install the front ones. My wife thinks that the Jeep is pretty cool with the Freedom Panels off, so we might be doing more of that than I had first anticipated. I was pleasantly surprised by the relatively low cost of adding the Jeep to our automobile insurance policy.

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. FinalOrderTracker_20220728 copy
Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. WindowStickerDetails

Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Hope mine arrives early. Estimate is for the 17th. The order tracking seems to have an issue updating this morning. I have my mods ready to install.

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. WindowStickerDetails
Nice! My mods waiting in the garage... stubby bumper, smittybilt winch, rough country light bar, voswitch ball accessory mount, and a Midland gmrs radio. Can't wait!

BillyBaroo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Nice! My mods waiting in the garage... stubby bumper, smittybilt winch, rough country light bar, voswitch ball accessory mount, and a Midland gmrs radio. Can't wait!
I am considering a winch but at my age "73" I am not likely to get in a situation where it would be needed. There are several Jeeps in my small community that are very modded out with aftermarket bumpers, winches, jacks, shovels etc. I know they never go off roading...!

Last edited:

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I am considering a winch but at my age "73" I am not likely to get in a situation where it. There are several Jeeps in my small community that are very modded out with aftermarket bumpers, winches, jacks, shovels etc. I know they never go off roading...!
I plan on needing mine regularly ;) no mall crawler here!!

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I ordered this Jeep on Ground Hog's Day, 2022. The first estimated delivery date on the Jeep Tracker was 8 July 2022. Once it was shipped, that changed to 28 July 2022. I picked it up on the 28th.

Here are some initial (many of them naive I am sure) observations:

The Dealership

I went with River Oaks Jeep because they are conveniently located, they have not abandoned the central city for the distant suburbs, and their owner is a local philanthropist. I can take the bus to and from them when I drop the Jeep off for service. They currently sell sold orders at list price and would not budge, even for FCA Affiliate Rewards. However, they also do not do anything slimy, whereas some of my other options in the city made me uncomfortable, to be charitable. Despite a subsequent price increase, they honored the price of the vehicle when I ordered it, even though a small problem cropped up at delivery. (Pro Tip: Place an order in the name of the entity that will be on the title. In my case, this was a family trust.) My sales guy, Jonathan Hagger, had talked me out of ordering several options that he did not think that I would need, and he was right about every one of them. When I went to pay for the Jeep, I asked about extended warranties. The finance guy quoted me prices for a MaxCare policy that are much higher than those from dealers on this forum, but he was not the least bit pushy and invited me to call him back when I was ready to buy the extended warranty. He pointed out that, given how few miles a year that I drive, a lower mileage policy would be a better deal than the one that i first asked about.

The Jeep

I wanted a Wrangler because it is one of the few vehicles that is still available with a manual transmission and, given where I live 60 miles inland from the Gulf Coast and our experience in Hurricane Harvey, has the ability to traverse mildly flooded streets. I have been driving manual (we used to say standard) transmissions for over fifty years. I have not stalled a vehicle so many times in one day as I have with this Jeep since I was 16 years old on my learner's permit. I think that it is a combination of almost no feedback in the clutch pedal when the clutch starts to engage and the throttle on the 3.6L engine, which I'm still learning after spending the past 18 years driving an engine with appreciable turbo lag. After 100 miles and a week of practice, though, I'm starting to get the hang of it, as Jonathan said that I would. He mentioned that they sell very few Saharas with manual transmissions.

I really like the shifter, and the synchronizers work very well. The 3.6L engine has plenty of power for city driving and robust acceleration when merging onto an easy freeway on-ramp. The view over my right shoulder to the right and rear is great, especially with the headrests of the back seats folded down. The view over my left shoulder of the lane to my left is totally obstructed by the B pillar. I'm glad that I ordered the Jeep with the safety package, which includes the blindspot detection of cars in the adjacent lane. I've now also installed some stick-on blindspot mirrors. This is my first vehicle with a backup camera. I like it, and I like the Park Sense option that I also ordered as I like to back into my parking spaces at home and at work.

This is my first truck-like vehicle. It is probably obvious to most on this forum, but it took me a while to figure out that the easiest way to get into the Jeep is to put my outboard foot on the side rail, grab the handle on the A-pillar or the B-pillar with my inboard hand, and swing my inboard leg in and plunk my behind down on the seat. Getting out is made a little easier by the optional grab handles. I ordered them and expected them to be installed, but they came in a plastic bag with no installation instructions. I have a T-25 bit that fit the very nice little ratchet wrench that came with the Jeep. The rear handles were easy to install, but I had to remove the Freedom Panels in order to get the wrench onto the screws to install the front ones. My wife thinks that the Jeep is pretty cool with the Freedom Panels off, so we might be doing more of that than I had first anticipated. I was pleasantly surprised by the relatively low cost of adding the Jeep to our automobile insurance policy.

FinalOrderTracker_20220728 copy.png
WindowStickerDetails.png
Great write-up of your experience. If you like the freedom panels removed, look into the Bestop Sunrider. You can the open and close at will.
Sponsored