Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

Kyle_WV

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon XR
Idk if this is still the case but they have been having issues getting the XR packaged Jeeps out. In fact, I was told to not even order it when I was placing an order for my Jeep since there was a chance for it to take months.
From everything I've read on here, and from the dealership has told me, seems like they're taking around a month longer than Jeeps without it. It's all rumors, smoke, and mirrors at this point to me though.
Sponsored

watslax9

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, VW Jetta
I signed a thing with my order saying my deposit is not refundable UNLESS they fail to deliver the agreed upon vehicle. Hopefully you can get your deposit back (if you choose).
The dealership offered to give my deposit back, so no issue there. Just unhappy at the prospect of having to start the order/build ordeal all over again, especially when I was so close to the end (or so I had hoped).

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JLU Sahara Altitude

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Dealership screwed up my build...what would you do?

JL Unlimited, Granite Gray Sahara, 3.6L V6 VVT, Safety Group & Advanced Safety Group
2/19 - Order placed
4/5 - Received VIN (dealer says it may be been in system well before that)
4/26 - "Scheduling Phase"
5/3 - Estimated ship date of 5/12
5/13 - "Trim Stage" of build process
5/16 - Built....waiting to be shipped
5/23 - Find out the dealer ordered 2.0L I4 and NOT the 3.6L V6 that I requested
Just curious why you didn't confirm your order between 2/19 & 4/5? Btw - if your dealer did submit your order on 2/19, he most likely would've received the VIN within a couple days.

If you can still submit an order for a '22, I'd do that. Supposedly '23 production is scheduled to begin around 8/15, which means they would get the remaining '22s built before that. So you may not be waiting that much longer for a new order.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Just curious why you didn't confirm your order between 2/19 & 4/5? Btw - if your dealer did submit your order on 2/19, he most likely would've received the VIN within a couple days.

If you can still submit an order for a '22, I'd do that. Supposedly '23 production is scheduled to begin around 8/15, which means they would get the remaining '22s built before that. So you may not be waiting that much longer for a new order.
see I'd wait until the first price hike after the '23 orders start. Based on this year, that seems to have been the ticket to quick returns...at least it worked for me.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Dealership screwed up my build...what would you do?

JL Unlimited, Granite Gray Sahara, 3.6L V6 VVT, Safety Group & Advanced Safety Group
2/19 - Order placed
4/5 - Received VIN (dealer says it may be been in system well before that)
4/26 - "Scheduling Phase"
5/3 - Estimated ship date of 5/12
5/13 - "Trim Stage" of build process
5/16 - Built....waiting to be shipped
5/23 - Find out the dealer ordered 2.0L I4 and NOT the 3.6L V6 that I requested

What would you do if you were in my shoes? The dealer has offered to rebuild a Wrangler with the correct specs (V6 engine), and when the improperly ordered I4 arrives, let me drive that until the correct one arrives (could take 3-6 months...or more based on some of the stories on this forum). The catch is that I would have to pay for any mileage I put on the I4. Not ideal all, especially considering I will end up having to shell out month for the mileage.

One alternative would be to find a Sahara with a similar build (won't include either safety group) and just buy it...there is one available at a different Jeep dealership that not to far from me that could work.

Last alternative is to just buy a Bronco that I loaated at a dealership that hasn't jacked up its price by $10,000 or $20,000 over MSRP.
If you order another now it seems unlikely that you'll be able to get the options that you want. Waiting for a 2023 has risks as well (just ask those that ordered prior to production start in 2021).

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
see I'd wait until the first price hike after the '23 orders start. Based on this year, that seems to have been the ticket to quick returns...at least it worked for me.
My dealer entered a 2nd sold order for me after the January price increase to see if that order would get picked up first. It didn't & is still sitting in the scheduling phase. My original order was finally built last week.

Sponsored

Bokonon_FL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Pretty sure my Willys XR was forgotten at this point.

A9642BE3-893D-469D-9D94-BB33B386496C.png
Just checked with my dealer on my order from May 4th. Willys XR 2.0 with Sky roof. In D1 status with an estimated shipping date of 6/10!

Why would yours be taking so much longer? No rhyme or reason.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Administrator
My dealer entered a 2nd sold order for me after the January price increase to see if that order would get picked up first. It didn't & is still sitting in the scheduling phase. My original order was finally built last week.
Note to self: Keep umbrella near when Jabcat is around. He tends to rain on your parade.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Administrator
Based on recent gas prices, they've realized most of you don't really want jeeps, you want teslas, so they're waiting for Elon Musk to purchase the Jeep brand (as am I) so he can turn out better vehicles that are environmentally friendly and performance oriented with a higher level of customer service than fiat can provide.

Kyle_WV

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon XR
Just checked with my dealer on my order from May 4th. Willys XR 2.0 with Sky roof. In D1 status with an estimated shipping date of 6/10!

Why would yours be taking so much longer? No rhyme or reason.
I chose all but a few options and went with the 3.6 motor. But yeah still doesn’t make sense. Definitely growing inpatient.
Sponsored